The Matchmaker (A Playing Dirty Romantic…

The Matchmaker (A Playing Dirty Romantic Comedy) (edition 2018)

by Pamela DuMond (Author), Regina Wamba (Photographer)

113,689,591 (2)None
Member:seriesousbooks
Title:The Matchmaker (A Playing Dirty Romantic Comedy)
Authors:Pamela DuMond (Author)
Other authors:Regina Wamba (Photographer)
Info:Pamela DuMond Books (2018), 174 pages
Rating:**
Tags:read2review, provided-copy

The Matchmaker (A Playing Dirty Romantic Comedy) by Pamela DuMond

Recently added byseriesousbooks

No tags.

**I received a review copy of this book in exchange for an honest voluntary review. All opinions are my own and not influenced by my source.**

When I learned Violet (who was one of my favourite characters in The Client) was getting her own book, I was ecstatic! I loved her attitude and knowing how crazy her family was, I couldn't wait for the hi-jinks to ensue when she met her match in Aiden.

But this novel just felt far too rushed--and often forced--to be completely enjoyable. I can forgive the craziness of the "whisked on a private jet out of the country" premise and I'll admit I was on board with it until it was actually executed.

Lustful glances and inner monologues about having sex with the other lead does not a romance novel make. Sure, I got the fact that these two were insanely attracted to the other but there was very little interaction between them outside of those fantasies.

And that's a shame because these two have incredible backstories. We get a lot of Aiden's and it is fascinating but Violet never learns about it. And Violet's need to assert her independence in her family gets cast aside before it can even be built up.

I think the worst part of this story is that just when it looked like some good progress (in terms of development in all fronts) is about to happen, the book wraps up quickly and neatly and in a way that left me completely unsatisfied. Overall, I was very disappointed in this sequel.

Full Review: https://wp.me/p7hLUw-2gP
Actual Rating: 2/5 ( )
  seriesousbooks | May 31, 2018 |

Pamela DuMond is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,327,455 books! | Top bar: Always visible