Dear Evan Hansen: The Novel by Val Emmich

Dear Evan Hansen: The Novel (2018)

by Val Emmich

Evan goes from being a nobody to everyone's hero and a social media superstar after a chance encounter with Connor just before his suicide leads others to believe Evan was his only friend.

Let this soak in a bit before I write a true review. Right now I'm only thinking about the ending and a review of that won't be good. ( )
  Shannon.Allen | Aug 24, 2019 |
No longer tangled in his once-incapacitating anxiety, this new Evan has a purpose. And a website. He's confident. He's a viral phenomenon. Every day is amazing. Until everything is in danger of unraveling and he comes face to face with his greatest obstacle: himself.
  EricaW23 | Jul 25, 2019 |
This novelization of the hit Broadway show is packed with laughter and tears. Evan suffers from crippling anxiety and finds each day a struggle to "engage." Without giving too much away, something happens to throw a spot light on Evan but it's predicated upon a lie. Trouble ensues. A heart-worthy look at teens and social issues... surprisingly funny (Evan is 'king' of the "wait...what?" reaction; Jerad is the sardonic side-kick who says the outrageous things we'd all like to say) the book is best when it focuses on Evan's growth and self-realization. It falters when the plot turns to tidying up the messy situation (the doing-good stuff). Similar, at least to this reader, to "Me and Earl and the Dying Girl" but with a happier, G-rated ending. ( )
  mjspear | May 16, 2019 |
Wow! Pulled at my heartstrings. This is a novel full of reminders that we never truly know what others are going through, Kindness and empathy are so important! ( )
  lflareads | Mar 26, 2019 |
Great YA read which is very topical right now. This book takes a look at adolescent relationships with other adolescents and parents through one boy's eyes. The insights are interesting and the emotion is real. I really read it because it is on my list of shows to see in NYC, but it was worth the read and might be worth reading with someone young in your life that you have trouble talking about these things with. ( )
  sbenne3 | Feb 24, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,776,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible