The Insatiables by Brittany Terwilliger

The Insatiables

by Brittany Terwilliger

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What I liked about this book is that the main character is a young woman who is trying to make it in the corporate world. To me, that is refreshing and I would like to read more books set like that. I found it fun and interesting. Some of the pacing was a little too slow for me. There were definitely the cut-throat aspects of the corporate world presented in this book. While some places were a little too slow for my liking, the book did really good job showing that your decisions come with a cost. ( )
  Holiday225 | Nov 5, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received this book as an ARC. It was ok. I have to say that it was an easy read, and I didn't dislike it. However, it was rather trite. There was nothing really new or surprising in it. The story just kind of ambled along as did the characters. I can't quite put my finger on why it didn't work for me, but I found it just meh. ( )
  KimKimpton | Oct 31, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
What would you do to get ahead? What cost are you willing to play? Terwilliger offers up a satirical look at just these issues in The Insatiables. Halley Faust - yeah, there’s the tip-off of what Terwilliger is going for - has to make these choices while working in a soul-sucking corporate environment. Fortunately, the look we get into Halley’s mind is well-written and quite fun. ( )
  drneutron | Sep 30, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I personally have not spent enough time out in the work force so the corporate world is very much foreign to me. Maybe that's why I find these kind of reads so intriguing. Independent woman hustling in a competitive career...all that the movies make it out to be. The Insatiables...I had to read it.

Tantalus, a new product for Findlay in France. Halley Faust is doing what it takes to get noticed and to be a part of that power team that represents Tantalus. She is ambitious...she is desperate...she is determined to get out of her town and the life that is going nowhere quickly to aim for bigger and better in a bigger and better company. The corporate world...it's cutthroat and so Halley has to be if she wants to make it. All the makings of a great Hollywood film with a leading character that gives us real women the motivation to root for the female underdog that is going to transform into a powerhouse before our eyes.

It's a fun read with a witty story.

Thanks to LibraryThing and to Amberjack Publishing for my free book won via giveaway that I have voluntarily and gladly reviewed. ( )
  dalaimomma | Sep 24, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Brittany Terwilliger writes in a vibrant and delightful fashion which draws the reader in and makes you want to turn the next page. Although I’ve never held a job quite as cutthroat as Halley Faust, I recognized her wish to want more, do more BE more. Halley found out that wanting more comes at a cost and decisions—sometimes split second decisions—have to be made. This book is a crazy ride as you follow Halley’s adventures in today’s corporate world, and it’s definitely a fun and engaging page turner. ( )
  BedOfRoses | Sep 22, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Brittany Terwilliger's book The Insatiables is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,846,244 books! | Top bar: Always visible