Veins of Magic

by Emma Hamm

Series: The Otherworld (2)

The Sequel to Heart of the Fae, where Beauty and the Beast meets Irish Mythology Once upon a time... Heartache dogs the steps of Sorcha of Ui Neill. Although she is home with her family, she is unable to shake the memories of her time in Hy-brasil. She heals with a heavy heart, tells stories with melancholy words, and cannot forget the magic of the Otherworld. When an opportunity arises to return to her beloved Fae Prince, she makes a questionable deal. Dark magic, druidic curses, and a witch open a portal and send her tumbling into the middle of a war she must end for the sake of all who dwell in the Otherworld. Saving the faeries will not be easy when she has become a woman they fear. The once banished king battles his way through the Otherworld, freeing the Lesser Fae with each swing of his sword. Each attack turns Eamonn into something far more beastly than before. Geodes multiply and hinder his movements, harden his heart, and crystalize his resolve. Together, they face the King of the Seelie Fae and his golden army to end the war that will change the fate of the Otherworld forever. It is suggested to read Heart of the Fae before reading this book… (more)

I love a good sequel and was so happy when I knew there was a continuation to Heart of the Fae as it was such a great read.
I was surprised to read so many unhappy reviews with this book. I can see some of the reasons for the disappointment or lack luster attitude but overall this book was a good continuation of the first in my opinion.
This was a whole new adventure for Sorcha and Eamonn with action, wars, new creatures such as dwarfs, the Seelie court and beautiful Kelpies to name a few.
Among some of the new characters introduced, you can see their story continue in books of their own (a few of which I have read and fancy). I find that is always fun to see different characters stories intwined.
It picks up where the last left off and I feel it gives a quality ending to Sorcha and Eamonn’s story together whilst taking you on a fresh adventure to get to their HEA. ( )
  AnnE1018 | Nov 7, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 206,058,086 books! | Top bar: Always visible