A Seed Is Sleepy (2007)

by Dianna Aston

Other authors: Sylvia Long (Illustrator)

Series: Nature Books

An informative, yet beautiful, introduction to seeds.

Beautiful illustrations and story! ( )
  AAPremlall | Jul 23, 2023 |
Mature reader. Filled with information about seeds ( )
  kearri | Apr 9, 2023 |
This book is perfect for children in primary school as it explores the fascinating world of seeds showing them having unique characteristics such as being adventurous, inventive, and even sleepy. I plan to incorporate this book into my science lesson on nature as it's both informative and engaging, making it an ideal teaching tool. With its captivating illustrations, fonts, and colors, the book not only educates but also entertains young readers. ( )
  Lael_Gonazalez | Mar 2, 2023 |
This book is suitable for primary aged students. It encapsulates the different components and wonders of a seed. It describes seeds characters as being sleepy, adventurous, inventive, along with other qualities. This book is informative but also engaging, due to the beautiful illustrations, fonts, and colors. It is a wonderful book for curing young children's curiosity about growth within nature. I would love to use this book in my classroom as a part of a science lesson about nature. I find the book to be a great tool to use because of how informative and engaging it is. ( )
  emilyfdubois | Apr 7, 2021 |
This book is in poetic form and follows the life of seeds. The reader is able to read about components of seeds and the differences between the seeds. Such as the differences between fruit & vegetable seeds and a redwood tree. The visuals in the book are eye catching and engaging. I would say that this book offers an introduction to the life cycle of plants - enough to spark interest and give students a jumping off point into further research. This is a book I would use as a read-aloud before sending the students to gather seeds. I would then have the students label the seeds they found to the best of their ability and document their findings in their science notebook. Overall, I would say this book is grade appropriate for kindergarten - first grade. ( )
  Sierraskye25 | Oct 23, 2020 |

Dianna Astonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Long, SylviaIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

A seed is sleepy.

An informative, yet beautiful, introduction to seeds.

Current Discussions

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 201,652,454 books! | Top bar: Always visible