Amish Country Ambush (Amish Country Justice)…

Amish Country Ambush (Amish Country Justice) (edition 2018)

by Dana R. Lynn (Author)

831,470,045 (5)None
Member:lcjohnson1988
Title:Amish Country Ambush (Amish Country Justice)
Authors:Dana R. Lynn (Author)
Info:Love Inspired Suspense (2018), Edition: Original, 224 pages
Rating:*****

Amish Country Ambush (Amish Country Justice) by Dana R. Lynn

Title: Amish Country Ambush
Author: Dana R. Lynn
Pages: 224
Year: 2018
Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense
My rating: 5 out of 5 stars.
Elsie has bought a home near the Amish people living in the area, but she doesn’t want to be found. One day while working as a 911 dispatcher she gets a call from her house phone. The woman is screaming and speaking in Pennsylvania Dutch, but Elsie can’t understand a word. Then, she gets the young girl in her home to settle down and hears the words she has feared would come. She takes off for her home.
When Elsie arrives, she finds out her worst fears have followed her. Then, the voice she has dreaded to hear, speaks! What follows this is a very heart-thumping thriller and what I found to be a brilliant ending to the story! While there are some Amish characters in the story, there are also Englishers too. I like stories that mix the two worlds together and then craft an engaging tale that keeps me up turning pages until the wee hours of the morning!
I am thinking there are many people who would just really enjoy a good, entertaining and faith-themed book while sitting in their favorite place to read. So, here is one to enjoy and share with others who love to read, let their imaginations free and feel relaxed when they finish the book. With the holidays around the corner, consider giving good books that touch the heart and soul of readers! ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Oct 11, 2018 |
This is a great story of suspense and romance. There were a lot of twists and turns throughout. Elise and Ryan have to work together to find Elise’s nephew before a very bad guy finds him. It is so well done on how they learn about each other while trying to evade capture themselves. I hope there will be many more books in this series. I received a copy of this book from the author for a fair and honest opinion that I gave of my own free will. ( )
  Virginia51 | Jul 29, 2018 |
errific book that grabbed my attention from the first page and didn't let go until I'd finished it. Elise is a 911 dispatcher whose worst nightmare comes true. She's at work when a call comes in, describing a home invasion and attack - and it's her house. By the time she gets home, her babysitter is dead and her nephew and the cleaning lady have disappeared, and her brother-in-law is waiting for her. My heart was pounding as he attacked Elise, screaming about something she has and wanting his son. My relief was intense when he was chased off by the sound of approaching sirens. This was just the beginning of a roller coaster ride of action and emotion.

Ryan was the first officer on the scene. I liked his calm intensity as he took care of Elise and started the search for Mikey and Leah. That sense of calm was exactly what Elise needed later when he came to question her at the hospital. In spite of everything she'd been through, Elisa quickly came to trust Ryan and believe in his desire to help her.

I liked both Ryan and Elise. Ryan is a truly nice guy who is a cop because that's what he really wants to do. He isn't Supercop, with perfect instincts, but he is smart enough to know when he needs help. He has a deep love for his family, even though there is some tension with his father. Those tensions create occasional bouts of self-doubt, but those don't last long. Elise is an amazingly strong woman. She and her sister made it through a difficult childhood by supporting and watching out for each other. It was Elise who gave her sister the courage to get out of her abusive marriage. I ached for Elise's pain over her sister's murder, and loved the way that her nephew Mikey became her focus. Elise also has some self-worth issues thanks to a jerk of an ex-fiancé.

I loved the development of the relationship between Ryan and Elise. It began with Ryan's natural protectiveness, which quickly became personal. He was surprised at how she moved into his heart and mind. I loved how well he understood her and her need to stay involved in the search for Mikey. Elise was equally drawn to Ryan. For her, just being able to trust him was a huge deal. I loved seeing them open up to each other about their fears and vulnerabilities, and how sharing those things made them stronger. It was sweet to see Ryan start to think about a future with Elise and Mikey in it. I ached for Elise as she let her fears push Ryan away, believing that it was for his own good, and for Ryan as he tried to figure out what was wrong. A pep talk from an unexpected source gave him the courage to go after what he wanted. I loved seeing him confront Elise and her stunned reaction at what he told her. The epilogue was sweet and romantic with Ryan's big moment. I also loved his conversation with his father.

The suspense of the story was outstanding and had me glued to the pages from start to finish. The fear for the safety of Leah and Mikey was palpable and always at the forefront of every step that Ryan and Elise took. There were also several twists and turns that kept them on their toes. The final confrontation was heart pounding as I wondered how it was all going to end. Now I can't wait for the next book!

I also enjoyed catching up a little bit with characters from previous books. I especially liked seeing Miles and Rebecca and the important part they played. ( )
  scoutmomskf | Jun 22, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,696,362 books! | Top bar: Always visible