UPDV Updated Bible Version 2.17 by Greg…

UPDV Updated Bible Version 2.17 (edition 2018)

by Greg Abrams (Author)

1591,109,332 (3.09)None
Bible with most archaic words and grammar updated to a more common English style. Based in part on the 1901 ASV. Literal translations are generally used to preserve accuracy. Gender is translated literally. New manuscript evidence is integrated. The name of God is translated as Yahweh. Plural forms of you are shown with a superscript plus sign. The New Testament is placed before the Old. The book of John is before Matthew. John ends at 19:35. Luke chapters one and two are not included. The Book of Matthew and the ending of Luke were reconstructed. Acts is not included. Sirach is included. First Maccabees is included and reconstructed.… (more)
Member:Scottharling
Title:UPDV Updated Bible Version 2.17
Authors:Greg Abrams (Author)
Info:(2018)

UPDV Updated Bible Version 2.17 by Greg Abrams

The Bible is arranged New Testament, Old Testament, and then index. The author replaced unfamiliar antiquated words with more modern and familiar words. He sued plus signs to indicate when there are two or more individuals or groups. Footnotes are scattered throughout. Abrams derived this version on the 1901 American Standard Version, which in itself is a revision of the 1611 King James Bible. ( )
  bemislibrary | Jan 1, 2019 |
I was a little confused on the set-up of putting the New Testament first. I'm not really into bibles but have read parts of some so I'm not very educated on these thins. ( )
  alieceey | Dec 7, 2018 |
Somehow, I prefer the King James Bible more. ( )
  anemoneeeeeeeee | Sep 6, 2018 |
I got this for my mother and she is extremely picky especially when it comes to the bible and she loves it (wait what ) if she loves it then the changes that where made where for the better now she carries it with her everywhere..I'm still a bit in shock she loves it ( )
  DeniseWoodruffPA | Aug 28, 2018 |
A little unusual setup. Modern words but I can honestly understand the King James version better
‚Äč ( )
1 vote LGandT | Jul 14, 2018 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Greg Abrams's book UPDV Updated Bible Version 2.17 was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Greg Abrams is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,458,219 books! | Top bar: Always visible