dismiss

A Killer's Mind (Zoe Bentley Mystery, Band…

A Killer's Mind (Zoe Bentley Mystery, Band 1) (original 2018; edition 2018)

by Mike Omer (Autor)

The Washington Post bestselling serial-killer thriller that will leave you wondering, is the past really in the past? Three Chicago women have been found strangled, embalmed, and posed as if still alive. Doubting the findings of the local PD's profiler, The FBI calls on forensic psychologist Zoe Bentley to investigate. Zoe quickly gets off on the wrong foot with her new partner, Special Agent Tatum Gray. Zoe's a hunter, intense and focused; Tatum's a smug maverick with little respect for the rules. Together, they must descend into a serial killer's psyche and untangle his twisted fantasies, or more women will die. But when the contents of three inconspicuous envelopes reveal a chilling connection to gruesome murders from Zoe's childhood, suddenly the hunter becomes the hunted.… (more)
Member:Stahl-Ricco
Title:A Killer's Mind (Zoe Bentley Mystery, Band 1)
Authors:Mike Omer (Autor)
Info:Thomas & Mercer (2018), Edition: Reprint, 380 pages

A Killer's Mind by Mike Omer (2018)

Recently added byrena40, jzibart, Carmelreader, rosalita

Gruesome stuff in here. But the grandpa, the cat, and the fish provide for a bit of comic relief! And the book was a real page turner for me! Hard to put down! Zoe Bentley, a forensic psychologist working for the FBI, is the main character, and quite a good one! Her past, and her present, are equally interesting! And what she does to save the woman and her children, well that was a new one for me! I'm intrigued enough to want to read the next one!
As for the ending, normally, I'm not a fan of a book that sets up for a sequel. But the way that this author does it, well... I'm a fan! ( )
  Stahl-Ricco | May 22, 2020 |
A great balance of thriller, suspense and mystery all mixed into one book. It kept me wanting more, I just couldn’t put it down. I didn’t guess the ending before it was revealed which I love and it leaves you on a cliffhanger which I also love. Needless to say I bought the sequel. You get engulfed in this mystery and you NEED to figure it all out. Two stories twisted into one which keeps turning the page. The protagonist characters are great, they’re likable and the story is awesome. I can’t wait to read the next one. ( )
  LiveLaughRead | May 17, 2020 |
A Killer’s Mind was quite the enthralling story. It took me a little to really sink my teeth into it but once I was in the groove, I was all in. I liked how all the players were introduced, included the antagonist of the story. The story is told from multiple viewpoints and I felt that I really understood the characters motivations and what the driving forces behind choices being made were, ha ha ha, except for the killer. That was quite the mystery but I loved learning bit by bit what was taking place with that character, creepy!

One thing I didn’t love about this story was the past/present transitions that took place with Zoe’s character. The transitions were well done, it wasn’t that, I just wanted to stay in the present more. I was having such a good time in the present that I was tempted to skip those chapters that delved into the past. Learning about Zoe’s past was important, though, because it is going to be what drives the series but I could have done without how long it took to explain the event that triggered her lifetime obsession with serial killers and the like. I just wanted to stay on the hunt, so to speak 😂.

In the beginning, I wasn’t sure if I was going to like Tatum Gray’s character but he surprised me. He was a bit of a cowboy and Zoe and him definitely rubbed each other the wrong way at first but he proved himself to be committed to justice and willing to step out onto a ledge, if needed. In case you are wondering, there was no insta-lust between Zoe and Tatum, although there was an awareness between them. By the end of A Killer’s Mind, I felt that Zoe and Tatum had the beginnings of a great partnership and I am excited to see where that leads. Also, the ending was quite the cliffhanger. Not going to lie, I wanted to buy book two right away and binge read but I couldn’t, other commitments and all that. Overall A Killer’s Mind was a great read and one that I highly recommend! ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Jan 21, 2020 |
This was a new author for me...but I hope he's a fast writer because he has just become one of my favorite authors. I've already ordered the next book in this series. I really liked the two main characters...Zoe Bentley and Tatum Gray. They got started off wrong but by the end they were working well together to bring down a monster. The story actually featured two monsters...one from Zoe's past and one that is very much alive in the present. Another thing that was very satisfying about this writer is that he tied up loose ends but left just enough dangling to make you HAVE to see where this was going to go in the next one. Believable, well developed characters that you could actually like and root for. Write faster Mr. Omer...it won't take me long to get through book #2. ( )
  Carol420 | Aug 8, 2019 |
Wow.

This book was better-than-expected and I enjoyed it so much. Zoe is a strong woman, but she has been through a lot in her childhood. Her childhood trauma made her a force to be reckoned with as she isn't one to have close ties with her coworkers. She keeps a lot close to the vest and I can't really blame her. Agent Gray strikes me as a guy who doesn't quite have a sense of direction. His "promotion" sounds vague. Could it be a cover-up for something else? The interaction between characters is well done is good and I hope that they will continue to work together in future books. ( )
  caslater83 | Jun 2, 2019 |
To Liora, for understanding that serial killers are aa valid discussion for our anniversary vacation.
Chicago, Illinois, Sunday, July 10, 2016: The sharp scent of formaldehyde filled the room as he poured the liquid into the mixture.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 146,526,560 books! | Top bar: Always visible