How to Paint Muscle Cars & Show Cars Like a…

How to Paint Muscle Cars & Show Cars Like a Pro (edition 2018)

by Tony Thacker (Author)

Info:CarTech (2018), 144 pages
Collections:Automotive

How to Paint Muscle Cars & Show Cars Like a Pro by Tony Thacker

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This manual had good information and good pictures. It could have benefitted from being more simplified. Overall, I found it somewhat discouraging because it did not seem like a novice could do the things demonstrated throughout the book.
  frankiejones | Feb 12, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Very useful information. I am by no means a car expert, but I loved the pictures and how easy it was to read. After reading this book I shared it with my 13 year old son and he enjoyed it a lot. ( )
  Rothfuss | Jan 8, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
An excellent effort to highlight the steps in a top quality automotive paint finish. Thacker takes you from the critical step of "Developing a Plan" through selection of your candidate vehicle--if you don't currently own it--through to panel work, paint products, paint application and finishing the job. The title can be a bit off-putting in that it implies that the focus is on Muscle and Show Cars; that really isn't the case. While it's true that Thacker and Jenkins focus on high-end execution with quality products and processes, that same approach applies to any vehicle that is worthy of a top quality paint job. The contents will also guide someone who is about to have a high-end paint job performed by a pro. It will equip one with what to know to ask intelligent questions and thoroughly evaluate the shop that you might select to apply what is likely to be a very expensive paint job to your vehicle. Excellent effort by Tony Thacker. ( )
  Spitty | Dec 3, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I have noticed that books published by CarTech is quality. And this book is no exception. This book is a great reference book on all aspects of painting. Especially for those wanting to do a restoration. The book is easy to read and follow. And it takes you step by step through the process of painting your car. I know when I was working on my car collection I was able to rent a paint booth in my town. So it is worth looking to have the perfect environment for your paint to set and look its best. Filled with useful comparisons and step by step pictures. If you plan to paint your car or do any prep work this is a must have book. ( )
  hermit | Sep 2, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is sure to be a very useful resource for beginner and experience painters. This book covers a lot of ground with easy, detailed instructions complete with quality pictures. It not only contains information about how to prep and paint, but also includes an often overlooked aspect which is the condition of your next project. It gives pointers on what to lookout for and when to pass on a vehicle that has problem spots. It has a very helpful chapter on paint guns and equipment, describing what is needed for specific applications. All in all, this is definitely a "must have" for car enthusiasts who desire to fix up their own dream car!

This book was received for free from the LibraryThing Early Reviewer program in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I expressed are my own. ( )
  MaryBiblio | Aug 31, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Tony Thacker's book How to Paint Muscle Cars & Show Cars Like a Pro is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,199,419 books! | Top bar: Always visible