Warrior of the Wild by Tricia Levenseller

Warrior of the Wild (edition 2019)

by Tricia Levenseller (Author)

1231,099,285 (4.67)None
Collections:Already Read, Your library, eBook
Rating:*****
Tags:historical fantasy, young adult

Warrior of the wild by Tricia Levenseller

This is a stand alone YA historical fantasy novel that I really enjoyed. I loved the world, the characters, and the setting. The story is fairly simple but it's a good classic quest against evil. I love questing stories with adventure in them.

Rasmira is betrayed by a friend during her coming of age trial and banished from her village as a result. The village gives her an impossible quest, if she can complete it she can return. Things out in the Wilds aren’t as Rasmira is led to believe and her impossible quest may not be impossible as she thought.

This was a straightforward fantasy story. I enjoyed the characters, they were very well done. I also enjoyed the quest that Rasmira had to complete; it had a very classic good vs evil feel to it. All in all everything in this book was very well done and balanced and I really enjoyed it.

Overall this was a fun read and I really loved it! Lots of action, great characters, fun plot, and great world-building. I would recommend to those who enjoy fantasy adventure or fantasy with quests. ( )
  krau0098 | Jan 11, 2019 |
Every year the omnipotent and malevolent god Peruxolo makes near impossible demands of the kingdom, and every year there is a test of upcoming warriors. Rasmira has every confidence that she will excel in her warrior test, but after she is betrayed and fails she is banished and commanded by her father to kill Peruxolo, which everyone knows cannot be done. The survival tale that follows is filled with suspense, and satisfaction that this gutsy heroine can outsmart every challenge placed in her path. ( )
  sleahey | Nov 29, 2018 |
I read Daughter of a Pirate Queen and Daughter of the Siren Queen by Tricia Levenseller and absolutely adored them. They were some of my favorite books of all time. I have had Warrior of the Wild on my TBR since the moment I saw it. So you can imagine my excitement when I received an ARC through Netgalley.

This book was awesome. It was full of excitement, action, slow burn, betrayal, and a female warrior. The pace was perfect for me. There were no long drawn out scenes. The major events had just enough build in between without making me long for it to just get to the point.

After finishing this book I am left feeling like a really good ride at a theme park.. (random I know..) It’s torture to stand in line for hours seemingly waiting forever just to ride a ride for what feels like seconds. I am anxiously awaiting the next book by this author and I am sure I will devour it in seconds too. Tricia is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors!! ( )
  brittanywilson622 | Nov 18, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,726,902 books! | Top bar: Always visible