Something's Not Quite Right by Guy Billout

Something's Not Quite Right

by Guy Billout

45None363,317 (4.5)None

No reviews

In this slightly offbeat, deliberately challenging, and strikingly oversized book, one of our favorite artists (who we would argue possesses talent bordering on genius) offers up 33 full-size paintings that portray scenes where things are, well, not quite right. Not obviously not quite right, but just enough so most children, with a little help from their parents, will be able to spot the clever anomalies and dichotomies: the gaping gaps in the suspension bridge, the pigeon with landing gear for feet, the Boeing 747 about to land with no wheels, the golf ball lodged in the ostrich's gullet. But, to be really honest, we're publishing the book because Billout has always seemed to us a genuine original, among the most talented, inventive and ingenious artists (not illustrators) working today.

A collection of thirty-three paintings, each of which challenges the viewer to find something wrong.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,813,594 books! | Top bar: Always visible