Royally Yours

by Emma Chase

Series: Royally (4)

Lenora and Edward, Royally Series Prequel

Thomas and Lenora are so adorable. They are 2 lonely young people who become firm friends and only friends.
Edward is Thomas' brother and he is amazing. He is totally enchanted with Lenny when he meets her.

This book is so well written. It is funny but also so sad at times, it packs a real emotional punch.
Thomas and Lenora(Lenny) meet, she is a rule keeper, he is a rule breaker, Edward, writes to Thomas, his brother and even though Edward has never met Lenora, Thomas shares his brothers letters with her and thus shares his adventures, which for different reasons, both Thomas and Lenora due to limitations feel they will never have.
Thomas also mentions Lenora to Edward in his letters, so they form a picture of each other even though at this point they haven't met.

Edward has been away travelling and through his letters there is a vague mention that he is involved with other women (its more of an impression you get than any details), the heroine is a virgin.
There are no intimate details of anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
When Edward and Lenora meet he is totally enchanted with her and it's so sweet.
No cheating.
Love it's so British.
HEA.
Epilogue. ( )
  izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
Royally Yours is a story that takes us on a adventure back through time. If you are familiar with this series than you know of the romance of this pair but now we get to have their story told and I have to say its my favorite of the WHOLE series and that is saying something considering how much love I have had for this series. Emma Chase, though, has definitely outdone herself with these books and Royally Yours tops them all in my opinion. I was nervous about this one that it wouldn’t live up to the hype of it or the vision I have of his pair but it won in every regard. In the previous books we have seen the grandchildren of this pair find their love…but they have a legacy and it all starts with Edward and Lenora.

Because love is bloody awful, Chicken. And fantastic. A beautiful, horrible, messy thing. It will make you feel like you can fly one day and rip your guts out the next. It’s complicated.” Alfie shrugs. “And your father wants you to have simple, as much as you can. Because he knows there’s already a whole crown of complications just waiting to be put on your pretty head

Lenora has always known of her destiny, that she would one day rule as queen. But growing up her life wasn’t easy or full of warmth and laughter. Her father was tough on her but in his own way did hold a love and affection for her even though that love wasn’t apparent till the end. Her mother was full of love and laughter and taught her hope. But one by one Lenora started to lose her family, and she had to start protecting her heart and keeping herself aloof from those emotions so they wouldn’t control her. And she thought she had it under control until Edward. She is now queen after her father passes away, but in order to maintain being the ruler of her people, she will need to marry and someone of noble blood. At first she and her best friend Andrew plan on marriage, but when he gets sick her plans get put on hold until his older brother comes home. Edward is a man she has had a crush on for years, she has yearned for the adventure he has lived. But there is an attraction between Edward and Lenora and even though they agree to a marriage of convenience, their relationship will become anything but that….it will be of desire, intimacy, and abiding love that will carry them through the years.

Making a life with you will be my greatest adventure, Lenora

Royally Yours is such a beautiful romance and I couldn’t put this book down. Its definitely a quick and easy read that fills your heart with such light and love. I couldn’t ever get enough of Edward and Lenora’s story. I have been so intrigued on their love ever since we have seen Lenora in the previous books of the series. But I was so eager to see how she became the strong vibrant woman who became a powerful yet kind ruler she was destined to become. It was quite interesting to see how she handled everything that was set against her. But quite frankly, she became cold at times and this is where Edward comes in. He taught her so much, how to open herself to new possibilities and the ability to have love in your life without fearing it. There was such gratification in seeing her come into her own. Edward was such a delightful hero, I loved his strength, compassion, sense of leadership without taking anything away from Lenora, his ever ending support of her and their family.

“You are my joy and my heart . . . you are my home . . . and I would be lost without you.” He holds my face tight in his hands, and his words are low and forceful. “You will never be lost. I will be with you always. The vows were wrong. When death comes, he can have my body . . . but my soul will stay with you, I swear it.”

Now the setting of this story is vastly different as its an in between of contemporary and historical. Because its not set in the modern age, but its not the early 1900’s either. So its hard to know where to put this one to be honest. I think I would stick it closer to historical though since its not a story that takes place within the last twenty years even. I really liked seeing Emma Chase write something so different and unique from anything we have ever seen from her before.

You fascinate me, even when you’re just sitting there breathing. You always have. I want to know you, Edward. Every piece and part that makes you, I want to know.

Overall I found Royally Yours to be a invigorating romance that speaks to the heart and soul of a person, that value in healing, facing adversity and growing in love with those around you ….an inspiration of a read! ( )
  addictofromance | Jul 19, 2020 |
such a sweet, yet sad story. Pretty sure I spent most of this book crying ( )
  hipney | Jun 3, 2020 |
Wonderful, I loved going back a generation. ( )
  Musscle | Mar 25, 2020 |
As Edward and Lenora found themselves it was obvious that they were stealing my heart. She's the woman who was groomed to be Queen. He's the man determined to make a difference. Edward never wanted the life that Lenora is meant to have, but when the heart calls, his path is set. Chase goes deep into a dynasty and with humor and romance humanizes a larger than life kind of love. Royally Yours is a NEED TO READ.
  Lashea677 | Feb 16, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

Lenora and Edward, Royally Series Prequel

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 158,930,928 books! | Top bar: Always visible