Bloom

by Kevin Panetta, Savanna Ganucheau (Illustrator)

Now that high school is over, Ari is dying to move to the big city with his ultra-hip band, if he can just convince his dad to let him quit their struggling family bakery. Though he loved working there as a kid, Ari cannot fathom a life wasting away his days over rising doughs and hot ovens. But in the midst of interviewing candidates for his replacement, Ari meets Hector, an easy-going guy who loves baking as much as Ari wants to escape it. As they become closer over batches of breads, love begins to bloom . . . that is, if Ari doesn't ruin everything.Writer Kevin Panetta and artist Savanna Ganucheau concoct a delicious recipe of intricately illustrated baking scenes and blushing young love, where the choices we make can have terrible consequences, but the people who love us can help us grow.… (more)

This was a lovely gentle YA graphic novel. It's about self-discovery, bad choices, new friendships, and baking.
The art style inside matches the style of the cover (not always the case). ( )
  Lillian_Francis | Feb 24, 2021 |
Exquisite art, moving story that really captures a sense of place and time. ( )
  RachellErnst | Jan 5, 2021 |
This book is so cute. I love everything about it. The drawings were awesome and I loved the story. It is a great story. ( )
  LVStrongPuff | Nov 27, 2020 |
Cute story and great artwork. ( )
  Shofbrook | Nov 6, 2020 |
It's so cute! I was literally crying by the end. The art is simple but beautiful and I want to bake now! ( )
  chwiggy | Oct 27, 2020 |

Panetta, KevinAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ganucheau, SavannaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,242,149 books! | Top bar: Always visible