dismiss

Highland Betrayal (The Sons of Gregor MacLeod)

by Alyson McLayne

1321,156,777 (3.9)None
"Witty banter, adventure and passion!"--ELIZA KNIGHT, USA Today bestselling author A betrothal. A betrayal. A love threatened by treachery. Laird Callum MacLean vowed to marry Maggie MacDonnell. But when his father's apparent suicide makes him Laird of his clan, Callum must unmask his father's killer before bringing Maggie into his dangerous new home. Maggie's home isn't any safer. When Callum fails to return, Maggie does what any resourceful Highland lass would do. She escapes--and finds herself toe-to-toe with Callum, who's determined to fulfill his promise. Maggie can't bring herself to trust him with her heart again. But with a traitor still at large, they must rely on each other in every way, or their clans--and their love--will be destroyed. The Sons of Gregor MacLeod: Highland Promise (Book 1) Highland Conquest (Book 2) Highland Betrayal (Book 3) More praise for McLayne's Sons of Gregor MacLeod: "Raises the bar of Scottish-set historical romances."--BookPage "You'll be captivated by the humor, passion and adventure."--RT Book Reviews "Expertly crafted... [a] page-turner."--PublishersWeekly… (more)

Highland Betrayal by Alyson McLayne is a mysterious and treacherous read with danger and adventure abounding. While, book 3 in the amazing “Sons of Gregor MacLeod”, it can read as a stand alone. Well crafted, fast paced with engaging and charming characters. The storyline is filled with tension, emotions, passion, romance, betrayal, treachery and finding a HEA. The emotional turmoil for the heroine’s brother was easily felt by the reader, the sadness showed through the pages. I enjoyed the interaction between Laird Callum MacLean Maggie MacDonnell. I could not put it down. Grab a copy of HIGHLAND BETRAYAL, and sit down with this amazing story! Another must read, historical Scottish Romance by Alyson McLayne. #NetGalley,#HighlandBetrayal,#Sourcebooks

“I voluntarily received a complimentary copy, however, these are my honest opinions. I was in no way required nor compensated to write a review.”

Rating: 4.5

Heat rating: Mild

Reviewer: AprilR ( )
  tarenn | Aug 8, 2018 |
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) This is the third book in this series and I hate when I receive a book and then find out I am behind but I did enjoy this book and I will catch up. I enjoyed Maggie because I never like weak heroines and she certainly wasn't one of them. And I also liked Callum and I am happy that they got their issues resolved after a lot of chaos and so many things against them. They have betrayal, lost of loved ones and mystery and suspense to deal with. but my friends it is an enjoyable read, until the next one! ( )
  NelisPelusa | Aug 2, 2018 |

Belongs to Series

Alyson McLayne is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,134,661 books! | Top bar: Always visible