Tales of Wisdom & Wonder

by Hugh Lupton

Other authors: Niamh Sharkey (Illustrator)

Series: Barefoot Story Anthologies

943234,720 (4)None
A collection of seven tales from around the world featuring remarkable animals and extraordinary people reminding us of how vast and mysterious the world is and how our lives can be transformed in the most unexpected circumstances.

One really good this about this book is that the folktales in it are from many different cultures. However, I thought that the book dragged on. Each story is written in the exact same way and does not reflect how different cultures told their tales. The illustrations all look the same for each story and it can be confusing for younger readers. I do not think that this book was able to capture what makes each tale special. ( )
  bernadettecasey | Nov 15, 2019 |
Again, I enjoy the short story format. These are the perfect length to read aloud at then end of the school day or to begin the day with. There are unexpected turns and the stories are quite unpredictable, which leaves the reader hanging on until the end. The character transformations which are characteristic of folktales would be fun to predict and check with students. Once again, Sharkey did a great job illustrating the mood and events in these stories. My favorite story is The White Rat (france)
  Nhritzuk | Nov 22, 2010 |
great illustrations! ( )
  anikins | Nov 27, 2006 |

Hugh Luptonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Sharkey, NiamhIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,054,548 books! | Top bar: Always visible