Pirattitude!: So you Wanna Be a Pirate?: Here's How!

by John Baur

Set sail for high-seas hijinks and nautical nonsense with those paragons of Pirattitude who invented the famous International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Whether readers are old hands at pirating or hopeless landlubbers, the Pirate Guys will have them pirate-savvy in no time with sure-fire pirate pickup lines for any occasion, tips on how to make their pirate party a buccaneer ball that even Martha Stewart would be proud of, and help determining their true pirate monicker.… (more)

This book be a hilarious (how could we expect otherwise once we saw there was a foreword by Dave Berry?) guide to the practical piratical lifestyle by the hearties responsible for International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Inside ye will find piratical wedding vows, pirate zodiac and pirate personality tests, advice columns and (me favorite) the notes from a piratical therapy session. There be snippets in the margins defining useful piratical vocabulary and briefly describing the lives of the most notorious pirates. All in a funny fashion, of course.

This was the perfect read for Talk Like a Pirate Day! I loved the Do's and Don't's of pirate fashion, the constant references to saucy wenches, hearties and fancy lads. It was just a fun book in the irreverent fun-loving spirit that makes Talk Like a Pirate Day both so popular and so entertaining.

SO much fun (though I do wish there actually were pirate paper doll cutouts...). Now avast gawkin and get back to swabbin' the decks, ye lazy landlubbers!!

Also posted at my blog ( )
  Caramellunacy | Sep 19, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,369,656 books! | Top bar: Always visible