Colour of Madness: A Van Gogh Mystery by…

Colour of Madness: A Van Gogh Mystery

by Simon Clark

115,818,516 (3)None
Recently added byCatsysta

**I received a free electronic copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review**

I liked how this book was about Van Gogh. It is easy to imagine him from what I already know about him and about his portraits and it was interesting to learn even more about him. I do wish however that the book had included his artwork that is mentioned. I had to keep googling.

From what I read of Van Gogh on Wikipedia, the book stayed pretty close to historical fact which I appreciate.

I really liked the women characters, Ty and Nadabi, but they were so similar I sometimes got them confused. It was also confusing to have the book written in alternating journal entries. I had to keep going back to see how many days had passed (in case that was important - which by the way it never really is). I'm not a big fan of books written though journal entries. To me, it makes the story jilted.

I felt too that there was too much description. I had to skim through it because I found those paragraphs absolutely boring.

I had trouble getting into this book, but it got better around the halfway point. I liked Pastor Hux's descent into madness and I think it would have been awesome to have seen some of that from his perspective.

Overall, an ok book. It's hard to place this book into a genre, so it's one of those books, I feel, where you won't know if you will like it until you try it. ( )
  Catsysta | Aug 5, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 141,795,768 books! | Top bar: Always visible