Cagney by Cagney by James Cagney

Cagney by Cagney (1976)

by James Cagney

This book is for the true fan of James Cagney. Mr. Cagney tells his story as no one can.

There is nothing like an actor writing about himself in his own language. Cagney by Cagney is superb. Plus, he's from the lower east side at the turn of the 20th century and reminds me of stories my dad and Nama used to tell. ( )
  phoenixcomet | Jul 7, 2016 |
GREAT CONDITION! ( )
  leslie440 | Jan 5, 2012 |
This is a great book that shows what it was like to grow up early in the 20th century in the tough part of town where you ended up either as an actor or a criminal. Cagney is brutally honest and the book should be read by all young people today. ( )
  knahs | Mar 30, 2010 |
I have very few words to say on this book, so I'll keep it brief:

1. If you want to have a new appreciation for the films of James Cagney - read this book.

2. If you want to read about an honest, down-to-earth man, quite at odds with the modern-day vision of an actor - read this book.

3. If you want to have a good time reading a book, read this book.

I was enlightened, entertained, and cheered. If you want to have the same things happen to you - you should also read it! So there. ( )
1 vote universehall | Mar 5, 2008 |
Each man starts with his very first breath
To devise shrewd means for outwitting death.
To Frances Vernon Cagney and Carolyn Nelson Cagney, two gals who deserve the palm
My thanks to John McCabe and Jack Thomas for helping me remember it all

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,754,312 books! | Top bar: Always visible