Tomorrow by Merilyn Ruth Liddell

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I really enjoyed this book. Set in a dystopian future Liddell tells the story of 3 different people after the outbreak of a virus. It was a great introduction to the author and I would definitely read additional books by the author.
  ashenowl | Dec 15, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
excellently written, with an entertaining premise. I wish there were more detail to set the scene; this story takes place after a significant population decrease, the details of which are revealed slowly, which is fine except I had a tough time visualizing the way these people live - has society totally broken and been rebuilt differently or are they hanging on to the semblance of it? What is going on in nearby towns and cities? This premise involves all human populations but I was left with a lot of questions about what had happened, and where and how.
  Darth-Heather | Dec 13, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
SENSUALITY RATING: YES, Profanity (nothing really stands out or takes away from the plot); NO Sexual Encounters; YES, I find it quite offensive to use Lord’s name in vain NO MATTER how little or often.

GENRE: Apocalyptic Science Fiction; Dysfunctional Earth; Mystery

SETTING: Small town away from the city.

SYNOPSIS: She masqueraded most of the time as an old woman with a cane, but no one knew where she lived. He did an honest day’s work driving 1 of 2 taxis that existed in the entire town. In a time when pregnancies were practically non-existent, a girlfriend with a large belly tries to find her way out of an abusive relationship but her pregnancy is a hot commodity for the greedy. This all happened when damage had been done to the earth and the cycle of life needed to be restored.

WHAT I LIKED: The home in hiding.

WHAT I DID NOT LIKE: Many relationships between relatives and friends were horribly confusing. A true “Who’s Who?”.

OVERALL RATING: (4) stars because I really loved the plot. Mystery and danger. Many elements that kept me, the reader, on my toes. Not one that enjoys reading the slightest bit of profanity or the word “God” in the plot of any work of fiction hence 4/5 stars. However, this book is well worth the read. ( )
  Chandra-of-Red | Nov 21, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
In a post apocalyptic world a virus has destroyed a large % of the population. A few survivors struggle to exist in a broken world. Tomorrow follows them. The plot is excellent and I enjoyed the story. Where the book fell short for me was in the actual detail and information related to living conditions and how society broke down. I believe that is necessary for post-apocalyptic books to feel "real". ( )
  sunnydrk | Nov 7, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
The concept of the book was well-conceived and the writing was very well done. The characters were fully developed and believable. Honestly, everything about this book was pretty great. However, the very end seemed almost like the author just didn't want to do any more. There is a huge chunk of time elapsed that is somewhat filled in by the very last chapter, but leaves the reader wanting. The end was a complete letdown for me. It was like the story ended and then picked up with an afterthought just to try to conclude it. Additionally, although the book was enjoyable and well-written, I had to actually try to remember what it was about when looking at my list of reviews to write. It didn't leave a lasting impression on me. When I thought about it, I remembered it, but it wasn't indelibly etched in my brain like some books I've read. Hence, the 3 stars. ( )
  808anela | Nov 5, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Merilyn Ruth Liddell's book Tomorrow is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,869,744 books! | Top bar: Always visible