My Dead Girlfriend, Volume 1

by Eric Wight

Series: My Dead Girlfriend (1)

10719200,220 (3.85)2
When Finney falls in love with a girl who also happens to be a ghost, he decides to stop at nothing to win her heart, even if that means his own death. This book is a playful reflection on the tribulations of adolescence set in a place where the inhabitants are scarier than the horrors of school, dating, and puberty.… (more)

Cute story. This is about a high school kid in a school populated with vampires, monsters, mummies, witches - you get the picture. Normal teenage stuff and then some. Finney (the main character) ends ups with a girlfriend who is - obviously - dead.

I may or may not read the next volume but this was definitely a fast read.

********
And - just realized there is no second volume. I wondered as much when I saw it was Tokyopop 2007. ( )
  Chica3000 | Dec 11, 2020 |
Finn Bleak comes from a family whose tradition is to die in exotic and crazy fashion. He is the only normal kid at school (although some day he will be a ghost). All the other kids at school are different kinds of monsters and Finn gets given lots of grief for being so normal.

This manga very much reminds me of the monster high books. Very funny take on what it means to be normal and popular. This volume was all set up, introducing Finn, his future girlfriend, what Finn's family and school life are like and set up for future complications. A very cute book, it's a shame Tokyo Pop is no more. ( )

Belongs to Series

To Krissy-- without whom Finney could never have found Jenny.
"Is our fate predetermined, or do we hold the key to our own destiny?"
The Bleak bloodline is not a pedigree of record- setting athleticism. They aren't renowned for their scientific innovation or artistic . For a member of the Bleak family, the true measure of success is not what is accomplished in LIFE, but in how preposterously they achieve their DEATH.

(From the back cover)

Finney Bleak lives in a world of horror- literally. His family members are ghosts, his classmates are monsters, and Finney is the most normal kid in school. NBut within the halls of Mephisto Prep, normal is the new weird and Finney dangles from the lowest rung of the social evolutionary ladder.

Then along comes Jenny. Smart. Beautiful. And totally into Finney. Only problem is, she's kind of dead. Just how far will Finney go to be with his true love? Let's just say not even Death can stand in his way!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,649,955 books! | Top bar: Always visible