Easy Go (Hard Case Crime) by Michael…

Easy Go (Hard Case Crime) (original 1968; edition 2013)

by Michael Crichton (Author), John Lange (Author)

Beneath the sands of the Egyptian desert lies treasure beyond imagining. And when a professor of archaeology finds clues to the location of a Pharaoh's lost tomb in ancient hieroglyphs, he hatches a plan to find the burial site - and plunder it.  But can a five-man team of smugglers and thieves uncover what the centuries have hidden? And even if they find it, can they escape with it...and with their lives?… (more)
Member:jeff.coatsworth
Title:Easy Go (Hard Case Crime)
Authors:Michael Crichton (Author)
Other authors:John Lange (Author)
Info:Hard Case Crime (2013), 288 pages
Tags:2021-12 #67

Work Information

Easy Go by Michael Crichton (1968)

Easy Go, easy went. If a book doesn't draw me the people in it, then I want it to wow me with action or something unusual. This was a well-written book that told its story to completion. However in my crawl through the evolution of Michael Crichton, you can see his love for archaeology and adventure here. He is moving away from straight science and the medical field. ( )
  nab6215 | Jan 18, 2022 |
Michael Crichton’s early thrillers are high on entertainment quotient and Easy Go is no exception. This is the story of a group of colourful, somewhat formulaic, characters attempting to rob a three thousand year old, heretofore cunningly hidden, Egyptian tomb. The amusing plot is full of action, witty dialogues and vivid descriptions of the locations – from the city of Cairo to the pyramids to the hidden, ancient tomb. About the descriptions, some reviews say that Crichton doesn’t seem to have visited the actual places; all I can say is I enjoyed the imagery presented by my favourite author a lot – realistic or not. In spite of it being a light, pulp-ish novel, there are glimpses of Crichton’s brilliance in the detailing of the settings and the factual titbits he incorporates in the narrative. Easy Go, as intended by its creator, is pure fun and nothing else! ( )
  aravind_aar | Nov 21, 2021 |
Not up to Crichton’s standards. ( )
  lynngood2 | Jun 1, 2020 |
I did like this book from Mr. Lange. While, it was not the greatest; it was still better than some of the prior novels. This one did have the Indiana Jones vibe that I was digging. The book is split out into different parts within the storyline. Each part building on the next.

While, I did like the storyline and the location; the characters were a bit dull. They were not charismatic like Indiana Jones. In fact, I kind of forgot what they looked like and their names. Although, what is lacking in the characters is made up in the story and the action. A good, quick read. ( )
  Cherylk | Jul 1, 2018 |
Easy Go was Crichton's third or fourth published novel and was published in 1968 as John Lange. Andromeda Strain released the previous year was published under his real name.
Crichton wrote Easy Go while enrolled at Harvard Medical School.

Easy Go is an adventure novel about a small band of conspirators who find information about the hiding place of the last tomb of the Pharos, secretly excavate the tomb, and make plans to abscond with the treasure from Egypt. The book is clearly among Crichton's earlier works and suffers from a number of flaws both in terms of character development and in terms of the plot. The book is not a masterpiece and can sometimes seem flat but, once you get past the introductory parts, it is a worthwhile read. Once the excavation got under way, the story flowed quite well and the discovery of the tombs is quite compelling. ( )
  DaveWilde | Sep 22, 2017 |

Michael Crichtonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Orbik, GlenCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Publisher Series

"What secret was ever kept in Egypt?"

Howard Carter, discoverer of the tomb of Tutankhamen

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,168,343 books! | Top bar: Always visible