Nancy Drew. Volume 1, The palace of wisdom…

Nancy Drew. Volume 1, The palace of wisdom (edition 2019)

by Kelly Thompson, Jenn St-Onge (Illustrator)

Series: Nancy Drew [2018] (1-5 collected)

"Nancy Drew is seventeen and good at everything, especially solving crimes. But her totally-in-control-and-obviously-running-perfectly-smoth-(but-not-really ) life hits a snag when a mysterious message drags her back to the hometown she left behind. There she'll have to find out which of her friends are still her friends, which are enemies, and who exactly is trying to kill her...and (hopefully) stop them before they succeed"--… (more)
Member:Mrs.Nicaj
Title:Nancy Drew. Volume 1, The palace of wisdom
Authors:Kelly Thompson
Other authors:Jenn St-Onge (Illustrator)
Info:Mt. Laurel, NJ : Dynamite Entertainment, [2019]

Nancy Drew: The Case Of The Cold Case by Kelly Thompson

I received this graphic e-read when I signed up for Diamond Bookshelf's newsletter. It's been a while since I stepped into the realm of graphic novels since I was younger and what better way to re-wet my feet than with good 'ole Nancy Drew. I was pleasantly shocked when I learned she pairs with my all time favorites, The Hardy Boys, in this mystery. My love of reading started with those two and this just rekindled all my love of mystery and intrigue.

The graphics are very well done and I enjoyed the additional illustrations added at the end. Even though I am pretty sure I may have missed a few editions in this set, I did not feel lost and was able to glide right into the premise and get my Drew on.

The plot is perfectly Nancy Drew and I loved every page of it. I had no problems connecting with the characters and the illustrations and context made me feel part of the gang in a reader's sense.

Thank you to Diamond Bookshelf for the opportunity to dive back into my childhood past with this Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys team graphic novel. I look forward to finding more of these gems. ( )
  provencal73 | Mar 3, 2020 |
I grew up on the Nancy Drew Mystery Stories and this is a fun reboot. I really love what they've done with the characters, especially Bess! ♥ I would definitely love more! ( )
  barefootsong | Jun 20, 2019 |
Could this be one of my new favourite books? In the past I was never interested in Nancy Drew or The Hardy Boys, but this graphic novel just stood out to me. The art is so cute and just a lot different than any of the other comics I've read lately, and I couldn't pass it up. I was sucked in from the very beginning, and I didn't want to put it down until it was finished. Who could though, really?

Check out my full review here!

https://radioactivebookreviews.wordpress.com/2019/04/02/nancy-drew-the-palace-of... ( )
  radioactivebookworm | Apr 2, 2019 |

Check out my full review here!

radioactivebookworm | Apr 2, 2019 |
I've been a Nancy Drew fan since I started reading the books back in the late-1950s, from the original hardcovers to a later paperback series, from the old movies starring Bonita Granville to the TV series starring Pamela Sue Martin. With so many iterations of Nancy and her friends, this version had a lot to prove, and I'm happy to say this version is wonderful. Some of the characters have been changed a lot to fit into the present, especially in service to diversity, but the update establishes all the characters, making them all well-rounded and interesting. I enjoyed spending time with them and I want more. This was close to perfect, though it does end on a cliffhanger. ( )
  ShellyS | Mar 22, 2019 |

Kelly Thompsonprimary authorall editionscalculated
Onge, Jenn St.Illustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,358,552 books! | Top bar: Always visible