The Paris Diversion: A Novel by Chris Pavone

The Paris Diversion: A Novel (edition 2019)

by Chris Pavone (Author)

Series: Kate Moore (2)

"The most clever plot twist of the year."--Washington Post "I nominate Kate Moore, the protagonist of Chris Pavone's sizzling new thriller The Paris Diversion, for patron saint of working wives and mothers everywhere."--Marilyn Stasio, The New York Times Book Review "The Paris Diversion is the best espionage novel I've read this year. Smart, sophisticated and suspenseful, this is Pavone's finest novel to date--and that's saying something."--Harlan Coben, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Fool Me Once "Deliciously twisty . . . This involving work has been skillfully engineered for maximum reader enjoyment."--The Wall Street Journal From the New York Times bestselling author of The Expats. Kate Moore is back in a pulse-pounding thriller to discover that a massive terror attack across Paris is not what it seems--and that it involves her family American expat Kate Moore drops her kids at the international school, makes her rounds of chores, and meets her husband Dexter at their regular café: a leisurely start to a normal day, St-Germain-des-Prés. Across the Seine, tech CEO Hunter Forsyth stands on his balcony, wondering why his police escort just departed, and frustrated that his cell service has cut out; Hunter has important calls to make, not all of them technically legal. And on the nearby rue de Rivoli, Mahmoud Khalid climbs out of an electrician's van and elbows his way into the crowded courtyard of the world's largest museum. He sets down his metal briefcase, and removes his windbreaker. That's when people start to scream. Everyone has big plans for the day. Dexter is going to make a small fortune, finally digging himself out of a deep financial hole, via an extremely risky investment. Hunter is going to make a huge fortune, with a major corporate acquisition that will send his company's stock soaring. Kate has less ambitious plans: preparations for tonight's dinner party--one of those homemaker obligations she still hasn't embraced, even after a half-decade of this life--and an uneventful workday at the Paris Substation, the clandestine cadre of operatives that she's been running, not entirely successfully, increasingly convinced that every day could be the last of her career. But every day is also a fresh chance to prove her own relevance, never more so than during today's momentous events. And Mahmoud? He is planning to die today. And he won't be the only one.… (more)
Member:mring42
Title:The Paris Diversion: A Novel
Authors:Chris Pavone (Author)
Info:Crown (2019), Edition: First Edition, 384 pages
Tags:read

Work Information

The Paris Diversion by Chris Pavone

English (20)  Italian (1)  All languages (21)
An interesting, complex mystery. Lots of characters, a bit hard to follow at first, especially as an audiobook, but I enjoyed it a lot. ( )
  MartyFried | Oct 9, 2022 |

That's when people start to scream.

And Mahmoud? He is planning to die today. And he won't be the only one....

Thank you Goodreads and Crown for a chance to read The Paris Diversion #2 in the Kate Moore series!!

I'm pretty sure this is the first book I have read by Chris Pavone. At least that I can remember. I did like this book but I do think I would have liked it more if I read the first book in the series before this one. But it was a fast past spy thriller. I enjoyed Kate but I’m not too sure on her husband. I might change my mind after I read the first book and hopefully the second book. But in this book, it bothered me that it felt like Kate couldn’t trust her husband and I would have thought because of her personality she wouldn’t put up with being with someone like that. I don’t know maybe I need a little more back story. But other than that, I really did like the book. Happy reading everyone! ( )
  thepageladies | Oct 2, 2022 |
This book went back and forth between now and the past. Between Paris and Venice. It’s easy to get confused. Keep reading. At one point, I said “Oh!” out loud. ( )
  Sunandsand | Apr 30, 2022 |
This one was exciting. One of the sequels to “The Expats” with the same characters included, CIA agent Kate Moore is still living in Paris with her family, running covert operations and trying to keep things afloat in her private life. Her husband is involved in his business deals, as he was before, and this tale is told from many perspectives. There is a multi-pronged terror attack going on in Paris, and it’s not entirely clear what’s at stake, who the players are, or what they want. But the tension is very real, and I found myself completely riveted.

As we gradually get further in and what’s going on becomes… if not entirely clear (which is the fun of any good CIA book), at least less murky, I found myself sucked in by the complexity of the plot, all the players out on the chess board, and how everyone fit together. This was very, very well plotted. And then as things become crystal clear and you REALLY start to understand… oh gosh, it’s soooo good.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
  KatKinney | Mar 3, 2022 |

That's when people start to scream.

And Mahmoud? He is planning to die today. And he won't be the only one....

jacashjoh | Jun 8, 2021 |

Belongs to Series

Chris Pavone is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,220,185 books! | Top bar: Always visible