dismiss

The Divine Affliction

by Robert M Fleisher

313,176,064 (4)None
"Fuses crime thriller and medical thriller." -IndieReaderWhen Derrick Daniels, Justice Department attorney, reluctantly investigates the possibility that rogue Arab states developed deadly diseases as a terrorist weapon against the United States, assassins and inexplicable forces threaten his existence. Soon, the powers of ancient law collide with contemporary villainy threatening the fate of all humankind. Every living thing is at risk, from wild animals that become road kill to the most elite members of every society. Is widespread violence random, or is there a combination of unrelated plots conspiring to bring an end to the idyllic life that used to define the American way?… (more)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
*SPOILERS ahead *This book was great, I found that it held my attention quite well and I cared about the characters. I liked the premise and idea of the story being told, though I did find the timing a bit off when the main character's wife dies and within what seemed like a matter of a couple of days, he was in love with his co-worker. Where the story lost me is when, near the end of the novel, these Angelic beings, for lack of a better term, are apparently some of the "bad guys", who are out to do harm to the human race and help clean up the world; and they're also using unscrupulous, corrupt individuals in their plot. Otherwise, story up to that point was great and very interesting, with the suggestion that not following Levitical dietary laws causes all sorts of illnesses in today's society. I would have liked to seen the story take a different direction than it did. ( )
  Danysh2016 | Dec 27, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Robert M Fleisher's book The Divine Affliction is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,037,313 books! | Top bar: Always visible