The Dark Between Stars: Poems by Atticus

The Dark Between Stars: Poems (edition 2018)

by Atticus (Author)

"Atticus, has captured the hearts and minds of nearly 700k followers (including stars like Karlie Kloss, Emma Roberts, and Alicia Keys). In his second collection of poetry, The Dark Between Stars, he turns his attention to the dualities of our lived experiences--the inescapable connections between our highest highs and lowest lows. He captures the infectious energy of starting a relationship, the tumultuous realities of commitment, and the agonizing nostalgia of being alone again. While grappling with the question of how to live with purpose and find meaning in the journey, these poems offer both honest explorations of loneliness and our search for connection, as well as light-hearted, humorous observations. As Atticus writes poignantly about dancing, Paris, jazz clubs, sunsets, sharing a bottle of wine on the river, rainy days, creating, and destroying, he illustrates that we need moments of both beauty and pain--the darkness and the stars--to fully appreciate all that life and love have to offer"--… (more)
Member:dominicecchini
Title:The Dark Between Stars: Poems
Authors:Atticus (Author)
Info:Atria Books (2018), 240 pages

Work Information

The Dark Between Stars: Poems by Atticus

English (3)  Italian (1)  All languages (4)
Actual Rating: 1.5 Stars

Unless this was supposed to be a comedy, and then five stars, cause oh boy did I laugh.

(We all know poetry isn’t for me though.) ( )
  zombiibean | Nov 20, 2020 |
The poems touched me ( )
  deec722 | Jun 5, 2019 |
Upon first glance, this is one of those stereotypical, hipster poetry books that has become so popular. However, it is more than worth the read. Atticus writes with a straight-to-the-point simplicity that can be hard to find in poetry these days. Those straightforward, he has a knack of throwing in a surprise at the end of each poem, bound to leave a smile on your face. His word choice is powerful and lovely. There is a poem for everyone in his books. ( )
  sammers99 | Dec 25, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,229,441 books! | Top bar: Always visible