Investing Quickstart Guide: The Simplified…

Investing Quickstart Guide: The Simplified Beginners Guide to Successfully…

by Ted D. Snow

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book provides a lot of great basic information for people who may be new to investing. Everything is explained in plain language and the author works hard to reduce people's fear of investing. He also emphasizes making decisions based on facts and market trends, rather than fear and emotion. Reading this book may help people to avoid the most common mistakes that people make when investing, and thus help them to maximize their potential for gain. I would recommend this book to anyone who wants to start to invest, but feels lost about doing it. There was also an offer for an online course that people may want to also try. ( )
  drsyko | Nov 7, 2018 |
This is a very broad introduction to investing with a focus on the US investor. It covers more investment options than I even knew existed. It doesn't go into depth for most of them, however, so really do consider it an intro rather than a guide. There are extensive online resources to complement the actual book content, so pretty much any of these topics that you want to learn more about can be explored at your fingertips. While it may not get very detailed, for most topics it provides enough info for you to at least know the right questions to ask if you go to consult with an investment specialist. ( )
  Lindoula | Nov 2, 2018 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This book is a great beginning toward learning how to invest. Simply put. The author chooses simple examples and walks the reader through the history (briefly) of the stock market along with providing the necessary tools to start to participate in investing. As a chemist what I found most interesting was a simple concept - money is a tool - to help an investor. Changing the mindset of a person looking to 'hold onto' money (i.e. savings account) may seem elementary but needed for any simple teaching guide. Navigating through the trove of investing language can be cumbersome to say the least. Although, with a well-written, simple, concise book such as this which Ted Snow has released to the world, a beginner like myself is inspired to educate myself further on financial investments and building wealth. Thank you Ted for the wonderful book. ( )
  JMikeK | Nov 1, 2018 |
This is a useful book for beginners. The author provides definitions and examples, along with numerous downloadable extras. This book reads like a college textbook for an intro class. I started to read the Mobi version--this was very difficult to read because of the formatting. The pdf format was nice. ( )
  shadowranch22 | Oct 29, 2018 |
I’m not an investor but I always follow Investing, Business & money-related news, when I first noticed that I won this book in exchange of my honest review, I was so excited and couldn’t wait for it to be delivered.

Appearance: Let me start off with its cover, it has a nice design and color, good quality of paper and printing, and very smooth in my hand which I really liked.

Content: In the beginner-friendly book has some sort of historical examples about $12 Apple’s share back in 2008 and Wal-Mart stocks when it first went public in the fall of 1970.

It tells you about not just the benefits and how to wisely invest but, The Risks of Not Investing Many would-be investors stay away from the stock market because they do not want to put their hard-earned money at risk. The risk is a very important factor that should be considered very seriously by investors. This book has 9 chapters: The Language of Investing, Brokerages or Robo-Advisors, Strategies, Psychology, Time management, Beyond Profit and Investing Your Way to Financial Freedom.
In “Chapter 3: How to Use Time to Your Advantage, Grow Your Wealth, and Fund the Perfect Retirement,” which I really liked because you’ll learn how to protect not just your future but your family.

This book’s topic says it’s for beginners but I found it even useful for experienced investors, as there are some very useful tips and reminders we tend to forget as we become busy in professional life. it tells you how to react to a bull or bear market cycles and the difference between investing in bonds and stocks, how the trading process happens and how to read stock tickers and stock tables, in a simple language.

Sometimes I read a book and spend a day but I learn as little as of a page, which I’d appreciate because I believe what you’ll learn even as short as a sentence is priceless, and you will find that useful when you use it in your life.

I give truly 5-star review out of 5 because of all those reasons that I mentioned above, and I truly suggest you order it today even if you’re not an investor or it’s not your interest. It is very easy to understand and grasp, you will learn a lot from it.

I’d like to thank John Donnachie and Clydebank Media for providing me a copy of this book along with other digital materials including modules, video contents and free access to all these great materials on their website in exchange of an honest and unbiased feedback for the book.
  Amin916 | Oct 5, 2018 |

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Ted D. Snow's book Investing QuickStart Guide: The Simplified Beginner’s Guide to Successfully Navigating the Stock M is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 131,576,804 books! | Top bar: Always visible