Enchanting Nicholette (The Everstone…

Enchanting Nicholette (The Everstone Chronicles Book 5) (edition 2018)

by Dawn Crandall (Author)

322,829,600 (5)None
Member:Julie_Jobe
Title:Enchanting Nicholette (The Everstone Chronicles Book 5)
Authors:Dawn Crandall (Author)
Info:Whitaker House (2018), Edition: Novella, 176 pages
Rating:*****

Enchanting Nicholette (The Everstone Chronicles) by Dawn Crandall

Recently added byJulie_Jobe, RobbyeFaye, rjh103

No tags.

I very much enjoyed this book! Enchanting Nicholette is a lovely conclusion to Ms. Crandall’s Everstone Chronicles. Just so you know, even though this is the last book of a series, it and all the other books in the series can be read as standalones.)

I will admit that it took me a minute or two to get into the first person point of view, but once I did, I loved every minute of it. My only complaint might be that I wish it hadn’t had to end. It could have very easily been made into a full-length novel, I think, but I was still very pleased and satisfied with the novella.

When I first met Nicholette in the first book of the series, she did not make a very favorable impression. I enjoyed the opportunity to see some things from her point of view and get to know her a little bit better in Enchanting Nicholette. And Cal, well, just wow! Ms. Crandall definitely knows how to write a swoon-worthy hero. Their story and the telling of it just about left me breathless a few times. The tension and chemistry mounting from one meeting to the next had me fanning myself. I also appreciated the epilogue at the end letting me have a quick glimpse in on all the other characters I’ve come to love over the series.

From what I know, The Everstone Chronicles series has come to an end, but I am looking forward to future books by Ms. Crandall, not only because she knows how to write some seriously sigh-worthy romance, but also in hopes that some might contain some side characters from The Everstone Chronicles.

**I received a copy of this novel from the publisher. All opinions are my own. ( )
  Julie_Jobe | Nov 8, 2018 |
Oh, my!! How swoon-worthy is this? You are in a bookstore (naturally!!) and need a book that’s a little too high for you to reach...so you grab a ladder and step up several rungs to get the book. The awkwardness of the angle at which you must reach for the book leaves you a little off center. You take a few steps down and fall! Then, you are caught by the most dashing, handsome man you have ever seen!!

The beginning of Enchanting Nicholette leaves you wondering what is coming next, but to hurry through this novella would be a travesty of major proportions.

Nicholette Everstone returns to Boston after a two-year mourning period spent overseas. Her husband had been murdered on their wedding day, leaving her a young widow.

Cal Hawthorne just happened to be in the right place at the right time to catch Nicholette.

Dawn Crandall’s Enchanting Nicholette may only be a novella, but there is a lot to it. A romance mixed with a little intrigue and mystery combine for an enchanting tale.
The story is a sequel to Crandall’s Everstone Chronicles. However, it works well not only as a stand-alone but also as a novella. Crandall packs a lot into this delightful narrative without leaving you feeling like it was too rushed, or something was left out.

I received this book from the author. However, I was under no obligation to post a review. ( )
  RobbyeFaye | Oct 17, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,268,377 books! | Top bar: Always visible