Aladdin (Disney Princess Storybook Library - Vol. 6)

by Disney

Set in the mythical city of Agrabah, the story follows a street-smart peasant, Aladdin, and his mischievous pet monkey, Abu, through magical adventures.

In the kingdom of Agrabah, Aladdin dreams of better fortunes, while the beautiful Princess Jasmine longs for a life outside the palace walls. However, everything changes when the magic lamp falls into Aladdin's hands. Will he win the heart of Jasmine and defeat the evil Jafar?
  Shootingstarenglish | Mar 8, 2021 |
Summary:
Aladdin is a very poor young man who wishes to one day live in the palace. He always has to steal food from the local market well one day he saw the princess in trouble when she gave an apple to a child but didn’t know that she had to pay for it so Aladdin came to her rescue. After a while princess Jasmine’s guards come and take Aladdin to a dudgeon. Jafar and trusted adviser try to take the throne from the sultan and the only way was to go to a cave and steal a magic lamp. Later Jafar gets caught and then Aladdin and Jasmine live happily ever after.

Personal Reaction:
I enjoyed this book because it is different than the movie. A lot of the pictures look very similar to the movie scenes. I like how there was a twist to the story. This book reminds me of how much I wanted to be a princess just like jasmine when I was a little girl.

Classroom extension Ideas:
1.) Talk to the children about how dreams could come true if you work for it
2.) Have the kids come up with their own fairytale ( )
  ChristinPina | Feb 1, 2012 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 170,450,161 books! | Top bar: Always visible