Dane's Storm

by Mia Sheridan

1431,180,805 (3.81)None
Dane was her first kiss and the only man she ever loved . . . until their marriage crashed and burned. Now Audra has built a quiet life for herself running a flower shop she's put her whole heart into. But Audra is left reeling when an unexpected circumstance brings Dane back into her world. He's still as breathtaking as he ever was, and he still affects her more than any man she's ever known. Yet learning to trust him again could be a matter of life and death . . .When Dane offers to fly his ex-wife from California to Colorado to help correct a wrong, he never imagined the harrowing twist of fate awaiting them. When their plane goes down in the snowy mountain wilderness, Dane and Audra are stranded with no one to turn to but each other. Will their second crash end their lives¿or save their souls?… (more)

I enjoyed this story.
It is quite an emotional read.
Dane and Audra.
Audra and Dane got married when they were quite young, despite his families disapproval of her, they are wealthy and had high expectations for him.
They also had a baby still born. Being so young and not knowing how to deal with their grief they divorce, family pressure and secrets didn't help.
They have to sort out an issue, so they meet, I think it's 7 years (can't quite remember) later and finally have an opportunity to talk.
Dealing with the grief is heartbreaking and very well written.
There is no cheating.
Separation.
During the time of separation the heroine is drowning in grief, struggling with her business and caring for her father who is sick then dies.
She does not pursue any romantic interests or be intimate with anyone else. I know some readers find this unfair but for me in the context of the book it works. She is very 'shut down' as a person esp emotionally so I could understand her not letting anyone close.
Dane, the Hero.
He, unknown to her keeps an eye on her from afar, but she divorced him, in his mind pushed him away, although he accepts his portion of the blame for the divorce in a later discussion.
He tries to move on, he is not portrayed as a man-whore type, he had one serious relationship and almost proposed but realised that he still loved Audra. He uses words like 'logical next step', the other woman was a business associates daughter.
There is no mention that they slept together or any intimate details between anyone other than the Hero and heroine.
There is a sticky issue of 'the ring'.
It is family tradition for Dane to give his fiance the family engagement ring which will be passed on to his child, so when he got married to Audra the family had been so disapproving that she said to leave it as she didn't want to cause anymore hurt for Dane if they refused. But as he's 'moving on' then he planned to ask for the ring for his next wife.
I know some feel that during a separation 'moving on' for one and not the other can be unfair and sometimes I agree but for me in this book it worked. She pushed him away, in his mind and it had been 7 years or so.
There are lots of secrets and plotting that are revealed.
HEA.

izzied | Oct 29, 2020 |
Love

Such a beautiful story of love and loss and finding love again with the one person you were always meant to be with. ( )
  Jenx9000 | May 9, 2020 |
Second Chance romance with one third of book about surviving a snowy mountain plane crash. I need to read the reviews better. The first part of the books changes between the Before and Now story to build up the emotional drama. I found it slow. Then the plane crash/ survival story was too drawn out, to give them time to find to each other again. I skipped forward a lot. ( )
  Skylark918 | May 4, 2020 |

Sheridan, MiaAuthorprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Greenfield, LanceNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Mallon, ErinNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 162,147,304 books! | Top bar: Always visible