The 6th Target by James Patterson

The 6th Target (original 2007; edition 2007)

by James Patterson (Author)

4,201792,373 (3.67)54
When a horrifying attack leaves one of the four members of the Women's Murder Club struggling for her life, the others fight to keep a madman behind bars before anyone else is hurt. And Lindsay Boxer and her new partner in the San Francisco police department run flat-out to stop a series of kidnappings that has electrified the city: children are being plucked off the streets together with their nannies--but the kidnappers aren't demanding ransom. Amid uncertainty and rising panic, Lindsay juggles the possibility of a new love with an unsolvable investigation, and the knowledge that one member of the club could be on the brink of death. And just when everything appears momentarily under control, the case takes a terrifying turn, putting an entire city in lethal danger. Lindsay must make a choice she never dreamed she'd face--with no certainty that either outcome has more than a prayer of success.… (more)
Member:SwiftLikeTaylor
Title:The 6th Target
Authors:James Patterson (Author)
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2007), Edition: 1st, 390 pages

Work Information

The 6th Target by James Patterson (2007)

English (72)  German (2)  Dutch (2)  French (1)  All languages (77)
A mass shooting—a murderer loose in her best friend’s apartment building—children kidnapped, their nannies shot??? Now back to working the streets with her new partner, Rich Conklin, Sergent Lindsay Boxer has a lot to deal with. This sixth rendition of The Women’s Murder Club is action-packed and captivating. I love the way Patterson and Paetro create compelling characters and construct tight plots with lots of action, so the narrative never gets bogged down. The short, suspenseful chapters fly by just like a cool breeze. ( )
  PaulaGalvan | May 12, 2022 |
Once again, Patterson delivers a good book that catches you quickly and entertains. It had been years since I read one of this series. Ready to read the next and catch up. Too bad I don't own the next one. ( )
  KyleneJones | Apr 25, 2022 |
The 6th Target
Women’s Murder Club, Book6

I Picked Up This Book Because: Continue the series.

Media Type: Audiobook

Clair Washburn: Medical Examiner
Yuki Castellano: Attorney
Cindy Thomas: Crime desk reporter

The Story:

As usual there was a lot going on in this story. A madman on a killing spree. A missing child (or two), dead nannies, dogs and neighbors, break ups, hook ups, shot besties, huge court cases. I’m proud of myself for little to no whiplash or confusion in keeping it all straight. The writing of these stories are always fast paced and detailed. I love the friendships of these women. They never hesitate when it comes to doing what is best for each other. The characters are what keep me coming back in a series like this. Yes the cases are interesting and I’m always blown away by the crime and resolutions but the Women’s Murder Club and their friendships are what has hooked me. Also I’m definitely along for the ride in what is happening with Lindsay and Joe.

The Random Thoughts:

Challenges:

Goodreads Book Bingo - N2 - A book with more than one author. ( )
  bookjunkie57 | Jan 19, 2021 |
If I had to choose just one series to read by James Patterson, this would be it. Alex Cross has great characters, suspense and action. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |
Old reviews went missing. How does save not working?

Great series; I love Women's Murder Club. ( )
  xKayx | Dec 14, 2020 |

Patterson, Jamesprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Paetro, Maxinemain authorall editionsconfirmed
McCormick, CarolynNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Hachette Book Group

7 editions of this book were published by Hachette Book Group.

Editions: 0316014796, 031611880X, 159483895X, 1594838941, 0446179515, 0446198951, 1600244939

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,701,017 books! | Top bar: Always visible