Follow Me In by Katriona Chapman

Follow Me In (edition 2018)

by Katriona Chapman (Author)

313,008,627 (3.5)None
Member:JesseTheK
Title:Follow Me In
Authors:Katriona Chapman (Author)
Info:Avery Hill Publishing (2018), 248 pages
Collections:Read but unowned
Rating:*****

Follow Me In by Katriona Chapman

Recently added byJesseTheK, villemezbrown, kaytoil

Mopey Europeans mope around Mexico in this pointless travelogue.

Chapman seems to purposely walk a fine line where she doesn't reveal much about herself or Mexico. Basically, she's unhappy because it is hard to motivate herself to draw and her boyfriend may be an alcoholic. And while she criticizes all the tourists who are trampling over the locals, that's all she really does. She interacts more with the ruins and plants of Mexico than any of the people. The longest conversations she has in Mexico are with her boyfriend, ex-pats, and other tourists.

To provide context for their meandering, she interrupts the narrative sporadically to drop in two-page spreads of quick history dumps similar to what one might find in a nonfiction book for children. At least the art is nice in a fuzzy, unfocused sort of way, especially the color.

My takeaway: Thanks for letting your country and culture be the backdrop against which I realize I need to break up with my boyfriend. Ta! ( )
  villemezbrown | Feb 2, 2019 |
Hi!

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 139,619,289 books! | Top bar: Always visible