A Nordic King

by Karina Halle

Series: Nordic Royals (3)

A STANDALONE ROYAL ROMANCE from the NYT bestselling author of The Pact and The Swedish Prince.When I first applied for the job I thought it would be like all the others: working as a nanny for an aristocratic family.Then I got the job and found out how wrong I was.Now I'm the new nanny for two adorable little girls who happen to be princesses.Their father is the widowed King of Denmark.And my new home? The royal palace in Copenhagen.Adjusting to my new life isn't easy but the hardest part hasn't been the girls who still grieve over the loss of their mother.It's their father.Cold, mysterious and moody, with an icy stare that seems to penetrate your soul, King Aksel may have hired me to take care of his daughters but he wants as little to do with me as possible. Yet the longer I share these palace walls with this man, the more that I'm drawn to him. His chiseled face and sexual swagger are only part of the package. It's in the long, intense glances at the dinner table, the way we'll brush up against each other in the halls, the rare glimpses of the man deep inside, like the sun passing through clouds.But no matter how I feel about him, we can never be together.You think it's bad enough being in love with your boss?Try falling in love with a king.… (more)

Everything I hoped for and more!! I received an ARC for this book in exchange for an hones review. Askel and Aurora were off the charts. The fact that Karina wrote Snarf Snarf into this story had me hysterically laughing at some points. I loved Askel he was great. I loved that it wasn't a fairy tale and that there were ups and downs here. Aurora was great and strong. She was a great character. Also how they stuck by each other in the end made my heart smile. Great read and the steaminess is off the charts!! ( )
  Kellylynn22 | Mar 24, 2019 |
3/5 stars

I really liked the beginning of this book. I also quite like the movie the beautician and the beast (although it's definitely not a terrific movie haha) and this book started out a little like that. But the king isn't really that big of an asshole.
I'm not sure exactly but around chapter 17 I think it started to turn into 'meh' for me. I was really excited to read it at first, but after that I put it down and didn't pick it up for 2 days. It went from funny banter and excitement to way too mushy, clingy and a bit unrealistic. I need something to keep me interested, and there was a whole chunk that was just too mushy for me. I'm sure lots of people will feel very differently. Different strokes for different folks and all. So give it a try yourself. It was an entertaining book. ( )
  CielCat | Feb 6, 2019 |
Although an interesting story idea, I didn't find the characters all that believable. I wanted more romance. Fell short for me. ( )
  sdbookhound | Jan 5, 2019 |

Karina Halleprimary authorall editionscalculated
Wyles, StephanieReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed
York, JeremyReadermain authorsome editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,167,332 books! | Top bar: Always visible