dismiss

Shadow Warrior

by Christine Feehan

Series: Shadow Rider (4)

Danger inspires fierce passion when a serial killer threatens Chicago's Ferraro crime family in this novel in Christine Feehan's New York Timesbestselling series. Vittorio Ferraro is a man whose family loyalty knows no bounds. He would die for his siblings and the people they love, but what he really wants is to start a family of his own. Deep down, Vittorio has always known finding a woman who could ride shadows would be nearly impossible-let alone one who could accept his particular needs-and he never expected to find her in the middle of a kidnapping.... Grace Murphy has always been drawn to Vittorio Ferraro-or at least to the billionaire's public bad-boy persona. Now that she's under his protection and the sole focus of his intense caring, she can't help wanting to get as close to him as possible. But Grace knows her presence is putting the entire Ferraro family in danger. Her monster of a brother will never let her go, but Vittorio has no intention of losing the woman whose shadow matches his own. Praise forShadow Keeper "Shadow Keeper is, in a word, a keeper! If you love hot men, sexy women, the good guys winning against the bad guys, love (both sweet and ultra steamy), and family that stands together, then this book is all that and even more."-Fresh Fiction… (more)

dark / D/S ( )
  Janicemo | Aug 13, 2019 |
I love learning more about the Ferraro family and SHADOW WARRIOR lets us dive deeper into Virrorio's life.

As with the previous books, SHADOW WARRIOR was heavy on romance and relationship development. The chemistry between Vittorio and Grace was there. There was a lot of BDSM and other adult scenes. I felt the whole "You must obey me in everything" theme was a bit much. I understand that was the way Vittorio was, but the way it was explained at like every single turn made it seem forced and uncomfortable. If it hadn't been overly explained, reasoned and talked about in every single moment of the book it would have read better.

The plot outside of the romance was a bit lacking. It's there, but totally in the background and I don't feel like it was as strong as previous books. Not a lot of action and mystery involved. It felt more like an afterthought.

I have seen many reviews for this series mention that these books can be read as stand-alone. While I guess that is true, I don't see why you would want to. We meet and get to know different parts of the Ferraro family with each book and knowing them and the overall continuous background storyline makes each book more enjoyable. Do yourself a favor and start from book one.

* This book was provided free of charge from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  STACYatUFI | Jul 3, 2019 |
Shadow Warrior is the fourth book in the Shadow Riders series and this is a series that I am wholly in love with! Since the first book I have been enamored with the Ferraro family and their cousins. I love how deeply and fiercely they love and protect one another. With all the money and connections this family has they could amass a major criminal empire but instead they look out for those under their protection and always try to right the wrongs that they see around them. With the use of their supernatural skills the Ferraro’s and their cousins are able to see justice done to those whom were not given their due the first time around. It was this sense of duty to protect the innocent that led Vittorio Ferraro to intervene on behalf of a woman he had never met before but would never be able to forget.

Vittorio felt that something was wrong the night that his whole world changed and thank his lucky stars that he went to the family club to see what was setting off his sense of wrongness. There he was spectator to a meeting being conducted in a place that it should never have been allowed. While following the men, that had no right to be in the Ferraro club, he was witness to a sight that he could not just stand by and allow to happen, a woman being kidnapped. Grace Murphy was not just a woman though because almost immediately it became apparent to Vittorio that this female was his female because her shadows were reaching out for his own. He had little time to ponder that realization though because destined or not, Grace was someone who was in need of assistance and that is something that no Ferraro could ignore. With his one act, Vittorio would bring to light sinister dealings that would bring his family closer to war as well as send a homicidal maniac into a downward spiral who would stop at nothing to have his revenge at the expense of the Ferraro family.

With a plot that captivated me and a pace that begs a reader to keep up, Shadow Warrior was a sensually riveting thriller that took me down a twisting and turning path filled with danger, betrayal, and a provocative romance. Vittorio was a great character and I loved his role in the family but he was also way too much of an alpha male for me. I liked that he was written in a way where he did not come off as domineering with his need to have things in a certain manner but his needs also chafed my inner feminist. His complete commitment to Grace was endearing, though, and I appreciated how he and his family gathered around her to protect her. What was very exciting to me was that there was more story dedicated to Emma, the youngest Ferraro, and the complex emotional struggle she is enduring with her recent breakup with what may come to be the enemy to her family. I am beyond excited about Emma’s book which I can only hope is soon! Shadow Warrior was a great addition to this series and I am excited to read more about this family!

This review is based on a complimentary book I received from NetGalley. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Jun 4, 2019 |
Christine Feehan’s SHADOW WARRIOR is a wonderful addition to the Shadow series. Grace Murphy has been betrayed by her foster brother. She takes a bullet for Vittorio Ferraro, who recognizes her as the woman whose shadow matches his own. Vittorio places Grace under his protection while Grace fears she exposed the Ferrero’s to a serial killer. This contemporary paranormal romance is suitable for adult readers. It takes place in Chicago.

I really enjoyed SHADOW WARRIOR. It is a creative and exciting story. It is skillfully written and entertaining. The characters are likable and well developed. I like Grace. She is loyal and intelligent. Vittorio is protective and fierce. The two have amazing chemistry. There are a lot of interesting things that take place in this story. It is full of mystery and suspense. I thought the rivalry between the Ferraro's and the Saldi’s was intriguing. The serial killer aspect of the novel was gripping. Followers of the Shadow series will not be disappointed. I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book. ( )
  dlynch | Jun 1, 2019 |
Shadow Warrior is the most recent addition to the Shadow Rider series and I adored this book so much. There is something so endearing about this series and how this family loves and protects one another. This is book number four and we see some more depths of this family as we see other developments with the youngest sister “Emma” and her love interest as she battles with herself when he betrays her but their love is a forbidden love and so I am eager for her book so BADLY. Crossing my fingers it will be the next one.

Shadow Warrior begins with our hero, Vittorio Ferraro, who is the bad boy of the group. And with each of his siblings finding love he wonders if it will ever happen to him. But while in the club, he finds members of the family that are their enemies trying to kidnap an innocent woman, a woman he finds out that is his fated match, but she takes a bullet for him and Vittorio sees his chance to help his lady out, and find out if they will have what his siblings have with their spouses. But there is also a danger involving Grace. Grace, has always felt drawn to Vittorio but she has always known that their worlds are so far apart from one another. Grace grew up in foster care, but there was one boy, where they protected each other when the were both abused in a foster home. But her “brother” turned out not completely sane, and as they both got older, Grace began to fear him. And now she finds herself with the aid of the Ferraro family when her brother tried to sell her into sexual slavery to pay off her gambling debts. But with the passion and endearing love blooming between Vittorio and Grace, her brother wants the man she adores dead…

This was such a whirlwind of suspense and sensuality and boy every time I read Christine Feehan I fall in love ever more with her books. I will say that this book really shows her true power in storytelling and I think I am still in a withdrawl of sorts and been focusing on rereading my favorites from this author. I adore how she writes alpha males, they get to me every single dang time and I LOVE it. I will say that if you love alpha males, then this is definitely a must read for you. I really had a blast with this book and was so sad when it ended because this series is one of my favorites from this author. (although quite frankly I love just about every book I have read from her)

Like before, she gave herself to him, surrendering, and this time he felt her tentative response, the foray of her tongue chasing his, sliding along his, sending spirals of heat down his spine, centering in his groin, and racing through his bloodstream. She was the one. His only. He knew it with every fiber of his being.

The love story that develops is sexy, passionate and has its moments of poignant emotion that is displayed throughout the story. I really love seeing a character that grows up in foster care, especially seeing how strong and courageous she is and how she has risen above the abuse she has suffered all of these years and become such a sucess. She has worked her own career and kept her important hidden from her crazy brother even. She works with an event planner, but she is the heart and soul of the business and her business partner is more of a cover so her brother doesn’t target her closest friend/business partner. We see a bit of their friendship here, not too much (I would have liked to see more of their friendship though), and I love how great they work together.

The ferraro family also endears me every time I read them and that is no different with this book here. We do plenty of drama with Eloisa (the mother) and boy with each book I begin to like her less and less. She is a piece of work, But you see how the siblings really come together and support one another no matter what. I love seeing their loyalty and affection for one another. And they just open their arms to Grace and love seeing how much they value her.

Overall I found this story to be a winner, its a tale of thrilling adventure, fated love, and an emotional gripping story to keep you hungering for more. ( )
  addictofromance | Apr 19, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

“For Katie, my beautiful niece who handles her complicated life with grace.”
“Vittorio Ferraro stood in the shadows, his skin crawling with the need to move.”

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,912,976 books! | Top bar: Always visible