Who Was King Tut? (2006)

by Roberta Edwards

Other authors: True Kelley (Illustrator)

Series: Who Was ...? (23)

Explains the life and times of this ancient Egyptian ruler, covering the story of the tomb's discovery, as well as myths and stories of mummy curses.

lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
  lcslibrarian | Aug 13, 2020 |
Who was king tut
By
Sam Wright
I will tell you. Probably the most famous of the pharaohs. At age 10, he was king. He also had a lot of black cats that he was berried with. Sadly he died young. I probably shouldn’t have told you. His name was not really tut. Whatever it was, I don’t know how to spell it. He was also berried with stashes of treasure and artifacts. Some of the treasure was valuable. The number of treasure was big. It was something like 4,000.
  samw.b2 | Sep 17, 2018 |
For any kid wanting to learn more about Egypt, this is the beginners chapter book to start. Awesome drawings to help give historical context as you read about the boy king! I also really like the ancient world timeline they provide at the end of the book. ( )
  whitmck | Dec 13, 2016 |
I liked this book. I believe it did a very successful job on educating the reader on King Tut. The main idea of the book was to inform readers on King Tut and what his major accomplishments were. One of the things I liked the most about this book was the illustrations. Since it was a chapter book the illustrations were very few and far between, but when a picture, map, diagram, etc., was used, it helped solidify the information being told by the text. For example in the chapter Gifts of the Nile there was a map of the surrounding region. Not all readers will have background on Ancient Egypt so I found this particular illustration important to build a foundation. I also liked how the chapter book was organized. Although all the text was informative and pertinent to King Tut, the way it was broken down into chapters chunked off the information in meaningful ways. The chapters had clear distinct focuses for example King Tuts’ father, King Tut as a boy, him as Pharaoh, on the afterlife, etc. I found this helpful also because it allowed me to know where certain information was when going back through the book. ( )
  kslack3 | Oct 11, 2016 |

Roberta Edwardsprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kelley, TrueIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 172,047,487 books! | Top bar: Always visible