Wait Until Dark by Kat Martin

by Kat Martin

831,527,904 (4.13)None

Wait Until Dark by Kat Martin
Maximum Security Series #0.5 – Prequel

This novella length introduction to a new series presents a few of the members of the team as PI Jonah Wolfe is called on to help April Vale figure out what really happened the night before she found herself in a bloody bed with a deceased colleague. The story is short and easy to read with a fairly predictable plot but worked well enough to interest me in reading the first book in the series when it comes out.

Thank you to NetGalley and HQN for the ARC – This is my honest review.

3-4 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Nov 5, 2018 |
When April Vale wakes up in the bed of one of her co-workers who've been murdered she has no idea how she got there. As the campaign manager for the mayor, she's close with the major players of mayor's campaign team. She's at a loss as to who would try to set her up for this murder.
The police have a theory one that she's not about to accept, she heads over to Maximum Security and meets with P.I. Jonah Wolfe for help. When she meets with Jonah the sparks fly! The closer they get to the truth the more dangerous it gets.
This prequel to Kat Martin's new series "Maximum Security" I can't wait to sink my teeth into the series. It's set in Dallas which makes it more appealing for this reader.

Disclosure: I would like to thank the publisher and NetGalley for providing me an e-galley of this novella for my honest review. The opinions I posted above are my own regarding this novella. ( )
  sj1335 | Nov 4, 2018 |
Rcvd an ARC at no cost to author..(netgalley) This was a short story but still exciting and enjoyable. We meet April who wakes up to a dead coworker, he was shot in the chest and the police are swarming around her and she is the suspect and has no memory of what happened. A friend of hers gives her Jonah's info and she gets hires him to help her and while they are looking for the real culprits they fall in love...I wish is wasn't so short!!! ( )
  Pelusa41 | Oct 24, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,458,533 books! | Top bar: Always visible