Cowboy Wolf Trouble

by Kait Ballenger

"Kait Ballenger is a treasure you don't want to miss." --GENA SHOWALTER, New York Times andUSA Todaybestselling author Seven shifter clans call the Montana mountains home. But a new evil will stop at nothing to tear their world apart. For centuries, the shifters that roam Big Sky country have honored a pact to keep the peace. Evenbad-boy rancher Wes Calhoun, former leader of a renegade pack, has given up his violent ways and sworn loyalty to the Grey Wolves. But his dark past keeps catching up with him... Human rancher Naomi Evans cares only about saving the ranch that was her father's legacy. Until a clash with Wes opens up a whole new world--a supernatural world on the verge of war--and Naomi, her ranch, and the sexy cowboy wolf stealing her heart are smack dab in the middle of it. What People Are Saying About Kait Ballenger: "Intense and riveting." --RT Book Reviewsfor Twilight Hunter, 4 Stars "High-voltage." --Publishers WeeklySTARRED review forTwilight Hunter "Kait Ballenger delivers a sexy romance with plenty of suspense and humor." --Goodreads review… (more)

Cowboy Wolf Trouble is book one in the Seven Range Shifters series by Katie Ballenger.

This new series is off to a great start with a story full of thrills, suspense, action, betrayal, heartache, and an emotionally gripping romance. It’s well written and has a nice premises. I liked the cowboy and shifter aspects.

Wes and Naomi are strong, capable, and captivating. They fit each other and brought out new aspects of each other. Their romance is a roller coaster ride of charismatic attraction, turbulent emotions, red-hot passion and forbidden relationship, which keeps the HEA in suspense until the very end.

The plot is fast-paced and full of thrilling suspense with the no humans allowed, malicious shifters, and mistaken identity. It did take me a little while to get into the story, but the more I read the more I enjoyed and fell into the storyline. I will say it was nice to have the authors Executioner Underground, her other series, make an appearance. It’s ok if you haven’t read that series yet, but readers may want to understand the EU better. For fans it was fun to see the EU pop into the story.

The author has created an interesting world with sexy cowboy shifters and I can’t wait to read on.

Rated: 3.5 Stars

**Note: I did receive a complementary copy via NetGalley, but I picked up this book from my library instead of reading the ARC.

angelsgp | May 14, 2021 |
Cowboy Wolf Trouble by Kait Ballenger

First book in the Seven Range Shifters paranormal romance series.
When Naomi finds a wolf caught in an old trap on her ranch she’s upset. When the wolf shifts into a naked man, her life takes an unexpected turn.
Wes is burdened by guilt of his past. He just can’t kill another innocent.

An intense and steamy story with action from start to finish. My main issue was the amount of time the couple spent sleeping (and other activities!) on the hard ground and out in woods. Ouch! Ok, maybe sexy but this city girl just kept thinking of a soft bed, a convenient bathroom, maybe covers and not worrying about insects? The lack of amenities didn’t bother the couple at all. True rancher and cowboy. I guess I should admire their fortitude. I’ll try harder with the next book. It was a good world setup that I will definitely continue reading. ( )
  Madison_Fairbanks | Jan 1, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 176,710,526 books! | Top bar: Always visible