Down & Dirty by Rhenna Morgan
432,399,157 (5)None

Down & Dirty by Rhenna Morgan
Men of Haven #6

One of the true pleasures in my life is finding wonderful characters that I would love to know in real life. Each and every book in this series is such a book. Who wouldn’t like to have a “family” of men who have chosen one another to be “brothers” and live by a code of honor that puts family first...no matter what. Add to that the men are HOT and ALPHA and know what they want when they see it and you have a series I eagerly await each book that comes out to see which man will meet his mate next. AND...this time it is Axel McKee who finds Elizabeth “Lizzy” Hemmings and knows she’s the one.

We meet Lizzy as she is getting to perform with her band Falcon Black and then she meets Axel when she goes out to get the band’s payment from the club owner they have just finished playing in. The guy is a bit of a scuzz-bucket with a reputation for trying to cheat performers out of money and Axel, knowing this, steps in...and it does not go over well. So, how is Axel to woo the lady if he makes a bad impression? Call in a brother? Perhaps.

What I liked:
* Axel – what a wonderful man he is...in all ways always!
* Lizzy – a brilliant musician and so strong to be able to overcome her past!
* The relationship between Axel & Lizzy – sizzling and so mature – in more ways than one
* Seeing the family members and how they are changing
* Meeting the band members and wondering if they might have books of their own
* Well...really...just everything about the book except for…

What I did not like:
* Joffrey – I was supposed to hate him and I did and was thrilled to see he was dealt with in the perfect way.

Thank you to NetGalley, Lady Amber Publicity, HQN-Carina and the author for this wonderful book in a superb series. This is my honest review.

5 Stars ( )
  CathyGeha | Mar 11, 2019 |
Oh my gosh! Axel just blew me away. He has been one of my favourite characters right from the beginning of this series and I’ve been really looking forward to his book. I did not expect him to be such romantic. Elizabeth didn’t stand a chance. He dove right in and made all her dreams come true. And loved her exactly as she needed to be loved to. Oh God I melted into a puddle of goo with the way he begins their first night together. Perfect guy! I wish he was real.

Advanced Review Copy provided for voluntary review consideration. ( )
  Ash_P | Mar 8, 2019 |
Rating: Five
Review:

"Down and Dirty" by Rhenna Morgan

My Rationalization...

This was another enjoyable series Book # 6 of the Men of Haven which featured Axel and his pursuit of Elizabeth. Definitely, the hot chemistry was there among them from the first meeting however from the story Axel will have to gain [Elizabeth] Lizzy's trust due to what all had gone on in her life earlier. I loved hearing from many of the family members we have met from other Haven series with them all coming together giving the reader one heck of a good read. The author really works her magic with Axel and Elizabeth that will keep you turning the pages, especially from those hot steamy sex scenes. Be ready for Axel who is 'big red-haired, green eyes, beard rocking Scotland accent with quite a kinky side and Lizzy a rock star who seemed somewhat shy but yet at the end able to hold her on when it is necessary and definitely the one for Axel.

All in all, this was one good enjoyable read "Down and Dirty' that I will recommend along with the other five Men of Haven series.

*I received an arc via the publisher on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.* ( )
  arlenadean | Feb 13, 2019 |

Rhenna Morgan is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,455,210 books! | Top bar: Always visible