Witch hat atelier. 3 by Kamome Shirahama

Witch hat atelier. 3 (original 2018; edition 2019)

by Kamome Shirahama

Series: Witch Hat Atelier (3)

1954122,133 (4.03)None
A beautifully-illustrated story about a girl who longs for magic in her life and learns that, on the inside, she already is what she wishes she could be. Reminiscent of Studio Ghibli, this lushly-drawn story was voted one of the top 10 manga of the year in 2018 by the Japanese manga industry. In a world where everyone takes wonders like magic spells and dragons for granted, Coco is a girl with a simple dream: She wants to be a witch. But everybody knows magicians are born, not made, and Coco was not born with the gift for magic. She's resigned to her un-magical life, until a travelling magician passes through her village, and Coco learns what everybody 'knows' might not be the truth.… (more)
Member:stmagda
Title:Witch hat atelier. 3
Authors:Kamome Shirahama
Info:New York : Kodansha Comics, 2019.

Work Information

Witch Hat Atelier, Vol. 3: An Inky Investigation by Kamome Shirahama (2018)

i really liked the amount of set-ups and hints to mysteries we don't even know the scope of! very excited for the next volumes to arrive ( )
  mandarinenschaeler | Nov 7, 2022 |
After pushing herself to the limit, Coco falls ill and the shop assistant, Tartah comes into the spotlight in this volume as he tries to get past his silverwash, a disorder he was born with that makes everything he sees bathed in shades of silver.

This volume tightens the relationship Coco has with those around her. Agott even questions what Coco’s “angle” was since she’s the one who pushed Coco into taking the first test before she was ready and Coco never told her.

I do enjoy the information we get about magic and how the symbols are made, you can easily immerse yourself into this world.

“Draw so that you may remember. Remember so that you may use. The power you imbue yourself thus will prove an ally that never betrays.” ( )
  oldandnewbooksmell | Sep 24, 2021 |
Series Info/Source: This is the third book in the Witch Hat Atelier series. I bought this book.

Story (5/5): I continue to thoroughly enjoy the story here. This picks up right where volume 2 left off, the young apprentices have rescued some villagers from a horrible accident but to do so they had to perform magic in public. Qifrey convinces the Knights to overlook this and ends up finding out that the ink Coco used to draw the spells is very strange indeed. Qifrey finds out that the Brimmed Caps are involved with the strange ink and decides to use this chance to contact them. The story moves quickly and covers a lot of ground, while being intriguing and engaging.

Characters (5/5): I absolutely love the characters in this series as well. The relationship between the apprentices and the way Qifrey looks over them is very endearing. The mystery of the Brimmed Caps is also well done and I can’t wait to learn more about them. There are never too many characters and all of them have a lot of depth to them and are very fun to read about.

Setting (5/5): I love the magical world this story is set in. We are gradually getting to learn more about this world of witches and magic. The world is well thought out and very creative and I have been absolutely loving it.

Writing/Drawing Style (5/5): This is one of the most beautifully drawn manga I have ever read. It’s easy to read and very well put together. Everything about this series is spot on and just perfect. The story and illustration is easy to follow and incredibly entertaining.

My Summary (5/5): Overall I really loved this continuation of the Witch Hat Atelier series. This series is beautifully drawn and has an amazing storyline. Me and my thirteen year old son both love it. It’s appropriate for middle grade and older readers and is quickly becoming one of my all time favorites. ( )
  krau0098 | Jun 21, 2020 |
Tartah, the shop assistant, steps into the spotlight this time as first it is revealed he struggles with a disability and then he becomes closer to Coco. Also, Qifrey has been bending rules in his quest to find the witch with an eyeball and his brimmed cap, but is he becoming increasingly obsessed, reckless and . . . dangerous?

These storylines are fine, but the book suffers a trifle as my fave, Agott, is mostly sidelined -- though her brief scenes are quite good. ( )
  villemezbrown | Dec 8, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

You tremble for naught.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 180,219,501 books! | Top bar: Always visible