Tomorrow I'll Be Brave by Jessica Hische

Tomorrow I'll Be Brave (edition 2018)

by Jessica Hische (Author), Jessica Hische (Illustrator)

Illustrations, hand-lettering, and easy-to-read text reveal a child's bedtime promise to strive the next day to be adventurous, strong, curious, and more.
Member:elephantalley
Title:Tomorrow I'll Be Brave
Authors:Jessica Hische (Author)
Other authors:Jessica Hische (Illustrator)
Info:Penguin Workshop (2018), Edition: Illustrated, 40 pages
Tags:Picture Books

Tomorrow I'll Be Brave by Jessica Hische

This book would be a good fit for primary grades. This is a clever book that walks readers through different emotions and feelings that can feel daunting at times. This book has is a great source of vocabulary and descriptive terms however the font makes some pages challenging to read. ( )
  dmckibbon | Mar 5, 2021 |
Tomorrow I’ll Be Brave

I loved this book for a few reasons. This book is for young children and encourages them to be brave, kind and courageous, but also tells children that it’s ok if they can’t be everything every day. The pages only have a few words each, but the illustrations are beautiful. The main words are hand lettered in different fonts to be attention grabbing. This is meant to be a “bedtime story”, but could be read to a class of students as young as preschool, all the way up through elementary and middle school.
  mmcgui12 | Mar 3, 2020 |
This book is about a bunny not only brave, but adventurous, strong, smart, curios, creative, and confident. It explains how the bunny is going give it his best to be all of these. ( )
  Hannah.Millburg | Nov 13, 2019 |
"Tomorrow I'll be ADVENTUROUS / I'll play and I'll explore / I'll make or learn or try something / I've never done before!" So begins the rhyming text of this debut picture-book from graphic designer and lettering artist Jessica Hische. The narrator imagines the many things she will be on the morrow, and the many things she will accomplish, concluding that if she falls just a little bit short, in one area or another, it will be OK, because she will have her parents, and will try her best...

I picked up Tomorrow I'll Be Brave with no particular expectations or preconceptions. It recently came into work, where I try to read all of the new picture-books, but I'd never heard of its creator before, and "inspiring" titles tend to be a dime a dozen in the picture-book world. I was therefore quite pleasantly surprised to discover that not only did the rhyming text read quite well, but that the artwork, design, and lettering were quite charming. Not terribly surprising, considering Hische's profession, I suppose. I enjoyed the color palette here, I enjoyed the stylized composition of each two-page spread, and I enjoyed the use of a diverse range of fonts and letter styles and sizes. All in all, an enjoyable and engaging first foray into the form, on Hische's part. It's not particularly strong, as a story, but it isn't really intended to be a story. Recommended to anyone looking for new picture-books with an inspirational bent and/or featuring gorgeous artwork and graphics. ( )
  AbigailAdams26 | Jan 10, 2019 |

Journey through a world filled with positive and beautifully hand-lettered words of widsom, inspiration, and motivation. As this book reminds readers, tomorrow is another day, full of endless opportunities--all you have to do is decide to make the day yours.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 160,287,217 books! | Top bar: Always visible