dismiss

New York Times bestselling author Nalini Singh takes us on a new adventure in this next novel of the Psy-Changeling Trinity series... The end of Silence was supposed to create a better world for future generations. But trust is broken, and the alliance between Psy, Changeling, and human is thin. The problems that led to Silence are back in full force. Because Silence fixed nothing, just hid the problems. This time, the Psy have to find a real answer to their problems--if one exists. Or their race will soon go extinct in a cascade of violence. The answer begins with an empath who is attuned to monsters--and who is going to charm a wolf into loving her despite his own demons.… (more)

Wolf Rain is the third novel of the Psy-Changeling Trinity Series (or the 18th novel of the Psy-Changeling Series) by Nalini Singh.

Plot:
E-Psy Memory was kidnapped and imprisoned for many years, but she has been finally freed – by Alexei, one of SnowDancer’s wolves. But the danger for Memory is far from over as her captor really wants her – and her abilities – back. Alexei is not about to let this happen, though, especially since Memory quickly obliterates all the barriers he has built between himself and the rest of the pack. Alas, there is a reason for those barriers that isn’t as quickly broken.

Wolf Rain brings us back to familiar places and faces while expanding Singh’s already quite extensive world. It will definitely satisfy fans of the series – as it did me.

Read more on my blog: https://kalafudra.com/2019/08/23/wolf-rain-nalini-singh/ ( )
  kalafudra | Aug 10, 2020 |
To read more reviews in this series and others, check out keikii eats books!

96 points, 5 STARS!

Silence has fallen, but that doesn't mean everything is okay. The PsyNet is still experiencing troubles after decades under Silence. But what does that have to do with a woman who has been caged since she was a child? How can she help?

I loved Wolf Rain so much. We are back with the SnowDancers, with the wolves. We are back and I love everyone. This feels like the best day ever, because I love everyone in this book! Wolf Rain was just so good. I loved the progression of the story and the progression of the romance. I just loved everything.This was the best book in the Psy/Changeling Trinity series to date.

I also really, really love broken characters.

Alexei was recently broken. He lost his parents as a young child, but he always had his older brother. Until his brother turned rogue and killed his mate before being stopped. This was only about a year ago, and Alexei is still hurting, still raw inside. It is still hard for him to be around others.

Until he finds Memory in a cage and breaks her out. His fierce, beautiful Memory.

Memory was taken as a young child, put in a cage and abused. Her mother murdered in front of her. When she wasn't in her inescapable cage, she was taken out and controlled by her abductor. Broken. So broken. Yet FIERCE. She snarls and fights back whenever someone else tries to control her. I love Memory so much, she makes my heart ache for her. I just need her to be happy.

Yet she isn't, because she thinks she is a monster. She has learned to fear her powers. She is an E-psy, but it is a new designation. Something no one has seen before. She is different from the rest of the empaths. Also, her abductor is still on the loose, and he is coming for her. But what makes her different? What can she really do? What is her purpose other than to be a monster?

I loved Wolf Rain so much, because it wasn't about Psy vs Humans/Weres. It was about the Silence Protocol and the disintegration of the PsyNet. But it was also about the characters. Characters I loved so much. I'm so happy ( )
  keikii | Jan 23, 2020 |
Even with this book listed as book 3 in the new series you could almost start here. There is backstory that is woven into the telling but you don’t need to know what has happened before to enjoy the story of Memory’s rescue and growth into her powers. Alexei finds her and is attracted to her even with his hang-ups about relationships. There are lots of cameos from people from previous books that help Memory with her recovery from being used and exploited for almost her entire life. Memory is convinced that she is a broken empath that doesn’t help people like the rest but by the end of the book she finds out just what good her flavor of empathy can accomplish.

Digital review copy provided by the publisher through NetGalley
  Glennis.LeBlanc | Jan 6, 2020 |
Oh man, Memory is no angry and not taking anyone's nonsense any more. Alexei is just so caring and I really enjoyed the story, so much so that I stayed awake until I finished it. Thankfully I didn't have to be in work the next day!

Alexei is out on a run and he is struck by grief and he feels he needs to help. He is a caregiver and simply has to do something to deal with this grief. He finds a bunker and inside a woman grieving her aged cat. He rescues her and he discovers that she's defiant and fearless and this is probably why she has survived the bunker. She has to heal and he wants to find the man who put her there, but he wants to let her be involved in the punishment of this man to help her. He woos her but several times he misfires and it was cute, oh so cute. I felt very invested in the story. There were moments with other characters from the series and it does progress certain plot things along but it was mostly about these two and their romance and I loved it.

There were a few minor occasions where it felt a bit drawn out. Still interesting and engaging for me. ( )
  wyvernfriend | Nov 18, 2019 |
Always enjoy this series. Well worth the time spent in this world. Also great getting peeks back at other couples and their lives. ( )
  pnwbookgirl | Aug 5, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 149,100,123 books! | Top bar: Always visible