Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity Book 3) by…

Wolf Rain (Psy-Changeling Trinity Book 3)

by Nalini Singh

Wolf Rain is book three in the Trinity series that is connected to the Psy Changeling series. So if you have read and loved the Psy changeling books than I can’t recommend the trinity books enough. I was very curious about this one though and was wondering how Singh would handle the set up of this book but give me a grumpy hero and feisty heroine any day of the week and I will fall in love and Wolf Rain definitely had me feeling some feels for sure. Nalini Singh is fantastic in her writing and every book I read from her I can’t recommend enough. Even though book one still remains as my personal favorite of this new series, Wolf Rain was definitely a much more enjoyable read for me than book two. And another plus for a diverse character, love seeing these mixed relationships and the dynamics were so well penned.

Wolf Rain begins with our hero, Snowdancer Lieutenant Alexei, who is going on his security rounds for the pack. Alexei has never been the same since his brothers death almost a year ago and he has never been the same. There is a place inside him cold and empty and he gets enough to survive with help from the pack. But as a changeling he is slowly dying himself if something doesn’t change. But Alexei knows what is in his future the same fate that his father and his brother suffered from….going rogue. He doesn’t want to risk ever falling in love or finding his true mate because he fears what he will do to them when he himself turns rogue. What Alexei never planned on is to sense the call of a Psy in grief and pain and he finds himself drawn to the E, in a way he never imagined. What he finds is a woman trapped in a cell, mourning the death of her pet cat.

Memory has been held prisoners by a superior Psy, since she was seven years old and her mother was murdered and she was left all alone and unable to fight the man that became obsessed with her and used her at free will. She never imagined a beautiful world when she finds freedom….there is part of her that fears a world she doesn’t know but there is another part of her that aches for this unique freedom and the connection that she feels to a certain grumpy wolf changeling. Memory is learing to discover her self and the powers that she is capable of and the true depths of emotion that she feels with a certain changeling who stands by her side….her protector, lover and….mate

Wolf Rain was such a pure delight in every way you can imagine. Nalini Singh keeps building up this world with such clarity and with each book we get a deeper detail and I love how this author builds the plot in Wolf Rain. I was really surprised by the element of “rogue changelings” we haven’t really seen this plot device much and I really enjoyed seeing how it added a certain element of tension in this story. We see the way that Alexei has seperated himself from his pack for the most part. He still has to have some touch though, and only goes to those he trusts when he really needs it. But he hasn’t talked to Hawke except when its absolutely necessary. We see a certain element, the strong relationships with Hawke and his lietenants and the pain that comes from seperation. We see this so well drawn into the plot without overwhelming the romance or story line. I am glad that Singh handled this with just the right touch. It really adds depth to the character of our hero and why he acts the way he does and what he is trying to overcome and the fears that are holding him at bay.

The romance between Alexei and Memory is not a easy one but in their own way they need each other. They both have pain that they have to learn to adapt to and turn that pain into ability and power. Alexei is suffering for fear of the future, the connection he feels for Memory and the loss of his brother and friend. Memory is trying to find her own strength after being held captive for so many years and finding herself. The romance is slow building, which is what this pairing really needs. They learn about their own capabilities and strengths before the relationship between them escalates before they are ready on a emotional and mental level.

Then we have our villain and boy this one is hard to catch and get rid of but boy he really was one of my favorite villains this author has EVER created. There was something so mentally unstable about this character, what he is willing to do but this is where our heroine really comes into her true powers and find herself. Because she ends up learning her own strengths when she has to face up to her past and the horrors that he put her through.

Overall I found Wolf Rain to be a spectacular read and full of spice and vinegar. Its a story that will keep you on the edge from beginning to end. A story that is bound to give you bursts of laughter, feels of the heart and a love tale that is fiery and packed with intensity!! GET READY FOR A WILD RIDE!! ( )
  addictofromance | May 11, 2019 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,851,192 books! | Top bar: Always visible