Moonlight Scandals

by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: de Vincent (3)

Even a ghost hunter like Rosie Herpin couldn't have foreseen the fateful meeting between two mourners that has brought her so intimately close to the notorious and seductive Devlin de Vincent. Everyone in New Orleans knows he's heir to a dark family curse that both frightens and enthralls. To the locals, Devlin is the devil. To Rosie, he's a man who's stoking her wildest fantasies. When a brutal attack on her friend is linked to the de Vincents, he becomes a mystery she may be risking her life to solve. Devlin knows what he wants from this sexy and adventurous woman. But what does Rosie want from him? It's a question that becomes more pressing--and more dangerous--when he suspects her of prying into the shadows of his past. Now, the legends surrounding the de Vincents may not be myths at all. But if she's to discover the truth, she must follow them straight into the arms of the man she can't resist--the handsome devil himself"--Page 4 of cover.… (more)

Love, love, so much love for this one; it was an amazing completion to the trilogy. I’m proud that I actually figured out about 75% of the mystery, but there were still some unknown punches. It was so good to finally get a feel for Devlin as a man as he’s been such an enigma this whole time, and I adore that Rosie was the heroine for him—this was a killer job on the enemies to lovers trope. ( )
  spinsterrevival | Sep 10, 2020 |
twisted ( )
  Janicemo | Jan 18, 2020 |
Moonlight Scandals is a book I have been looking forward to reading because it was Devlin’s story and I really wanted to know more about his character. I have never really liked him, which I know makes it weird that I wanted his story, but he was such a restrained character who was so cold that I was dying to know what was under the layers that made up Devlin. This book was sooooo worth the wait! I loved every page of this story! Devlin was more intriguing than I could have ever hoped for and his backstory broke my heart!

This story could be read as a standalone but I would not suggest it. Each book in the de Vincent series builds upon each other and to really have the full impact of the reveals in this book you would need to understand the full overarching plot. Did I say reveals?? Oh, yes, I did! All the skeletons will come tumbling out in this book as well as some seriously surprising twists. To say I was shocked a few times would be putting it mildly. Moonlight Scandals was absolutely a page turner and I loved reading it.

Now, I bet you are wondering about the oooh la la between Rosie and Devlin. Well, let’s just say that Devlin has met his match in Rosie and that what developed between them was a smoldering slow-burn that quickly caught flame and I am surprised that my kindle did not start to smoke. I loved Rosie’s character and the attraction that developed between her and Devlin was something that I could feel from both of them and I was completely captivated by their interactions. So, so, so, swoony! Overall, Moonlight Scandals was everything I expected and more! I highly recommend that you grab yourself a copy today!!

This review is based on a complimentary book I received from Edelweiss+. It is an honest and voluntary review. The complimentary receipt of it in no way affected my review or rating. ( )
  TheGenreMinx | Jan 30, 2019 |
It has been a while since I have read a romance that really just got me excited and has me raving over the book. Devlin and Rose are pure gold. Their witty banter had me laughing the whole time. Rose was quick on her come backs; which Devlin didn't even expect at times. His reactions were great. Yet, I will probably associate him with the names "dickhead and douche canoe". Rose may not have a nickname but she will forever be associated with beaded curtains. By the way, there is nothing wrong with beaded curtains. There is nothing in the rule book that says beaded curtains are only for teenagers and hippies. The sex is hot too. This book is not to be missed.

Warning as Moonlight Scandals is scorching hot!. You may need some sunscreen.

These two lines from Rose had me really laughing:

"They call you the Devil, but they should call you the Dickhead".

Devlin "Are you always this argumentative?"

Rose "Are you always such a douche canoe?"

Devlin "Thought I was a dickhead"

Rose " Your both. A dickhead and a douche canoe"

Devlin "That's rather impressive"

Rose "Not really" ( )
  Cherylk | Jan 20, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 159,030,191 books! | Top bar: Always visible