Have you checked out SantaThing, LibraryThing's gift-giving tradition?
dismiss

Red, White & Royal Blue: A Novel by Casey…

Red, White & Royal Blue: A Novel (edition 2019)

by Casey McQuiston (Author)

What happens when America's First Son falls in love with the Prince of Wales? When his mother became President, Alex Claremont-Diaz was promptly cast as the American equivalent of a young royal. Handsome, charismatic, genius?his image is pure millennial-marketing gold for the White House. There's only one problem: Alex has a beef with the actual prince, Henry, across the pond. And when the tabloids get hold of a photo involving an Alex-Henry altercation, U.S./British relations take a turn for the worse. Heads of family, state, and other handlers devise a plan for damage control: staging a truce between the two rivals. What at first begins as a fake, Instragramable friendship grows deeper, and more dangerous, than either Alex or Henry could have imagined. Soon Alex finds himself hurtling into a secret romance with a surprisingly unstuffy Henry that could derail the campaign and upend two nations and begs the question: Can love save the world after all? Where do we find the courage, and the power, to be the people we are meant to be? And how can we learn to let our true colors shine through? Casey McQuiston's Red, White & Royal Blue proves: true love isn't always diplomatic. Praise for Red, White & Royal Blue: "Effervescent and empowering on all levels, Red, White & Royal Blue is both a well-written love story and a celebration of identity." ? NPR "I took this with me wherever I went and stole every second I had to read! Absorbing, hilarious, tender, sexy?this book had everything I crave. I'm jealous of all the readers out there who still get to experience Red, White & Royal Blue for the first time!" - Christina Lauren, New York Times bestselling author of Love and Other Words and Roomies " Red, White & Royal Blue is outrageously fun. It is romantic, sexy, witty, and thrilling. I loved every second." - Taylor Jenkins Reid, author of The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and Maybe in Another Life… (more)
Member:Kirtstella
Title:Red, White & Royal Blue: A Novel
Authors:Casey McQuiston (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Griffin (2019), 432 pages

Work Information

Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston

The Spare by Miranda Dubner (Sam_Ash)
    Sam_Ash: Family dynamics of world leaders, family bonds, bisexual/gay princes and the ramifications of coming out when you are royalty
    Carry On by Rainbow Rowell (Anonymous user)
    Project Hero by Briar Prescott (Jenson_AKA_DL)
    Jenson_AKA_DL: Both "Project Hero" and "Red, White & Royal Blue" are fun coming of age stories involving young college age men entering their first serious relationships.
    A Royal Shade of Blue by Aven Ellis (Anonymous user)

I was extremely excited to read this book and I am so happy that it did not disappoint in the slightest. It was absolutely amazing. I laughed, I cried, I sighed, I smiled. I fell in love with each and every one of the characters and I found it difficult to put the book down. It was very much like "Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda," except with international stakes at hand, which is exactly what I was hoping it was going to be. I enjoyed reading the various texts and emails shared between the two main characters, which made them even more relatable to the reader. I recommend this to anyone and everyone, especially those looking for a classic rom-com feel, a boy-meets-boy story, and a glimmer of hope in this crazy world where unfortunately politics are just exhausting. ( )
  kathrynwithak7 | Nov 24, 2021 |
I don’t understand how this book could get so many good reviews. It was silly and simple, obviously geared to a young audience. ( )
  janismack | Nov 19, 2021 |
This book was super cute! I really enjoyed reading this book and getting to know Alex and Henry. Honestly, I needed to read something kind of happy so this book was perfect for that as well. The way the book carries itself is lovely and I love how it leaves things open for a future in the character's lives. I loved the complexity of the characters in this book as well as the drama (I was worried about half way in when things were moving smoothly and I still had half a book left to go haha). Overall, I highly recommend this book. ( )
  klcarmack | Nov 12, 2021 |
Loved it. The politics was not really my thing, and it was a bit my realistic than I thought it would be, with some definite second-hand stress, but the characters and the romance was great. ( )
  Kat_books | Nov 9, 2021 |
The first son of the United States and the "spare" heir to the British crown hate each other--or maybe they love each other? When the fallout from a public misunderstanding forces them to spend time together, they discover pretty quickly it's the latter. But how is that gonna work? Trust me when I say that if you have any inclination toward reading romance or rom-coms that you will enjoy finding out very much. The prose is light and funny, the situation has substance, the characters (including the side characters, of which there is a treasure trove) are well-drawn and distinct, the ending is happy but plausible, and the situation (the US president here is a divorced woman with biracial children) provides just enough catharsis for the 2016 election that the book feels something like a balm. If I were in quibbly mood, I might say 400+ pages is too long for a rom-com, but I loved every stinking second of this, so maybe I'm just wrong there. If you've been avoiding this one because of the hype, tuck that aside if you can. RW&RB is just about universally loved because it is that. good. ( )
  lycomayflower | Nov 5, 2021 |

Casey McQuistonprimary authorall editionscalculated
de Ocampo, RamonNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
for the weirdos & the dreamers
On the White House roof, tucked into a corner of the Promenade, there’s a bit of loose paneling right on the edge of the Solarium.
History, huh?

First Son Alex Claremont-Diaz is the closest thing to a prince this side of the Atlantic. With his intrepid sister and the Veep’s genius granddaughter, they’re the White House Trio, a beautiful millennial marketing strategy for his mother, President Ellen Claremont. International socialite duties do have downsides—namely, when photos of a confrontation with his longtime nemesis Prince Henry at a royal wedding leak to the tabloids and threaten American/British relations. The plan for damage control: staging a fake friendship between the First Son and the Prince.

As President Claremont kicks off her reelection bid, Alex finds himself hurtling into a secret relationship with Henry that could derail the campaign and upend two nations. What is worth the sacrifice? How do you do all the good you can do? And, most importantly, how will history remember you?

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 164,309,943 books! | Top bar: Always visible