Swindoll's Ultimate Book of…

Swindoll's Ultimate Book of Illustrations & Quotes: Over 1,500 Ways…

by Charles R. Swindoll

I've always enjoyed Chuck Swindoll's preaching and books. It always amazed me at how well he could come up with excellent illustrations and stories to compliment his work. So, I was thrilled when I ran across his Ultimate Book of Illustrations and Quotes.
The book is very good and will be of significant help in my own sermons and writing. My only regret is that it doesn't have an index, nor is there a means to associate the illustrations with Biblical Passages. The Table of Contents is by Topic.
I'd recommend it be made available in software (Logos), so it could be accessed with a good search engine. ( )
  Influence52 | Jul 30, 2009 |

No one tells a story like Charles Swindoll. This book is the perfect companion for pastors, teachers, ministry leaders, writers, and speakers. It is full of poignant tales, real-life funny stories, and perfect punch lines.

The book includes a lifetime of Chuck's favorite stories, illustrations, anecdotes, poems, and quotations.

Over 1,500 entries Organized in A-Z format by topic Extensively cross-referenced

It's now easier than ever to find the perfect story or anecdote to hook listeners and hold their attention. Listeners and readers will laugh, cry, think, and get the point…and remember it.

If you need just the right illustration to illustrate a biblical truth, to capture the audience's attention, to clarify a point, or to draw a conclusion this book will help you find it. With the right example, you can turn hostile skeptics into interested participants and turn people around spiritually.

Truth made clear through the use of just the right illustration, anecdote, story, or quotation is applied more quickly and remembered long. - Charles Swindoll

Publisher's note: This book was previously published as The Tale of the Tardy Oxcart.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:17:08 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,732,559 books! | Top bar: Always visible