Once Ghosted, Twice Shy (2019)

by Alyssa Cole

Series: Reluctant Royals (Novella 1)

Alyssa Cole returns with a fun, sexy romance novella in the Reluctant Royals series! While her boss the prince was busy wooing his betrothed, Likotsi had her own love affair after swiping right on a dating app. But her romance had ended in heartbreak, and now, back in NYC again, she's determined to rediscover her joy--so of course she runs into the woman who broke her heart. When Likotsi and Fabiola meet again on a stalled subway train months later, Fab asks for just one cup of tea. Likotsi, hoping to know why she was unceremoniously dumped, agrees. Tea and food soon leads to them exploring the city together, and their past, with Fab slowly revealing why she let Likotsi go, and both of them wondering if they can turn this second chance into a happily ever after.… (more)

Probably 3.5 stars. The story was good, but it was like reading a deck of scenes that had been shuffled together. One scene from the first part of their relationship, the next from the present. It was disjointed and I had a hard time feeling their relationship progression because of it.(I loved both women though!) ( )
  Cerestheories | Nov 8, 2021 |
Lovely, sweet, f/f romance. As a plus, this is a regular love letter to NYC. This novella is a high 3, but honestly the writing is not good enough for me to move to a 4. Really fun though and I thought pretty sexy. ( )
  Narshkite | Oct 23, 2021 |
That cover is everything!

***Read on za. 28 mrt. 2020***
I hate that I don't like this more. But it felt like the story was too short for how their relationship developed. It was very instalove and even though the characters are aware of that fact to me it didn't have a stable enough foundation to be that way.

MORE! ( )
  Jonesy_now | Sep 24, 2021 |
The f/f romance we all deserve, honestly. ( )
  kittenelephant | Jul 29, 2021 |
Oh I loved this!!!!!!!!
I was put off at first by the jump between Winter and Spring but soon fell in love with the characters.
What a sweet, sexy story. I wish they'd gotten a full book. I'm glad to see Portia's twin, Regina has a novella planned in this series as well.
Such fun! ( )
  LoisSusan | Dec 10, 2020 |

Belongs to Series

Reluctant Royals (Novella 1)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 166,042,984 books! | Top bar: Always visible