Never Let Me Fall (Fatal Dreams Book 3) by…

Never Let Me Fall (Fatal Dreams Book 3)

by Abbie Roads

422,353,675 (4)None

No tags.

Never Let Me Fall by Abbie Roads

3rd in the Fatal Dreams series. A dark paranormal thriller. The commonality of the heroes and heroines being abused or hurt in life and that pain being lifted and healed only with meeting their fated love. When that happens, they can heal each other. But the abuse is horrific.
Best read as part of the series but can be read as a standalone.

The author didn’t soft pedal it, but the abuse is not quite as graphic or in your face as in the prior book. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still part of the story and horrible but while it occurred mostly in the past, they deal with the aftermath more in this book.

Compelling and driven, the story is a thriller. The romance fated and a bit fast.

Thanks to the publisher for the contest win. ( )
  Madison_Fairbanks | Nov 18, 2018 |
Never Let Me Fall is the third book in the Fatal Dreams series by Abbie Roads. Now I am coming late to the series….such a slacker right? Yeah I know hehe. So I will admit that I grabbed this ARC from Sourcebooks Casablanca when I saw the cover…yep I know I will just cave anytime I see a sexy cover but really seeing this cover….how can you resist? Because honestly I didn’t even look at the blurb before grabbing it. Of course, I trust this publisher to deliver on their books but even if I had checked out the blurb beforehand I would have grabbed it anyway though and yes if I hadn’t received the ARC I would have bought this book in print…that is how much I loved the cover and I probably will end up buying it in print because its so PRETTY!! Now I first want to mention that this book is fabulous and I really had a great time immersing myself into this one. Now it did take me over a week to read it since I found myself in a book slump once I started reading it so it took a few days before I was in the mood for this book but boy I read this book last night before bed and couldn’t put it down despite the horrid headache I was having.

Never Let Me Fall begins with our heroine, Helena who has spent ten years in prison for a murder she never committed and a schoolmate framed her who was full of greed for the act. Everyone believed him even though she was only a teenager and only had her grandparents and a few family friends fight for her, but it wasn’t enough even if the evidence was only circumstantial. She has spent years fighting off attacks from other cellmates trying to kill her and she has scars all over her body to prove it. She also hasn’t spoken in quite a long time. Thomas, our hero of the story, only sees in black and white. He can see what is beneath the surface and what is in the soul of a person either the good or the evil. And these special abilities allows him a job working with special criminal investiagors with the government.

Helena, has finally been released from prison and now she is all alone. Her only family are dead and everyone in her home town despises her and will never trust her because they believe that she is a murderer. Her plan….go to the place she grew up and she is drawn to a bear statue near a cemetery and where she runs into Thomas whose home is nearby and is the same house she grew up. She is drawn to this special place that Thomas now calls home. But sparks fly the minute that Thomas and Helena meet and they jump each other like bunnies, and are drawn into a world where Thomas will see color and they will discover a connection stronger than anything they could have imagined and their bond will save them if they trust in it….

What a WILD RIDE!!! Boy I didn’t expect it from this book, I don’t know why since I had heard that Abbie Roads does deliver on the suspense and intensity and she does write in some darker elements so I was forewarned about that. Now these elements aren’t within the relationship, these two are in a fully consensual relationship. Its more outside factors. We see the effects of practically having to fight to live for ten years that Helena has had to deal with and survive and her lack of trust in humanity. I wouldn’t call this book a straight out dark romance because its not…but it does have some darker elements and issues that I am grateful this author touched on since it rarely is from romance authors.

This story was provacative and makes the reader think about those deeper issues that most of us ignore. But boy this author really gets the author to think about those harder issues and see our take on them and I love that Abbie Roads does this. My heart just broke for Helena and all that she went through and seeing her rebuild trust and fall in love with such a steady man who will always have her back is simply….BEAUTIFUL. Their story is quite difficult at times because of the depth of emotion that is displayed in this book. I was very fascinated in seeing them find each other and seeing their bond just grow.

Now I will say that you can read this as a stand alone, but as a newcomer to this author and to this series I will admit that I do wish that I could have read books one and two beforehand because of the characters we are introduced to and their back stories would have added more depth of understanding to this story. And I can’t wait to read the first two books because I was very intrigued by the women having dreams and the whole “if you are always close and touching nothing can hurt you” and boy I loved these fated style of relationships. And Abbie Roads does it in such a unique style you become hooked and I need MORE!!

Overall I found Never Let Me Fall to be a mind titilating story that keeps you thinking, on the edge and full invested in such a dynamic love tale that stuns you into pondering and one of the most poignant romances of the YEAR!! ( )
  addictofromance | Nov 16, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,691,320 books! | Top bar: Always visible