A Deadly Feast by Lucy Burdette
National bestselling author Lucy Burdette?s intrepid food critic Hayley Snow must sniff out a killer in the ninth Key West Food Critic mystery. Key West food critic Hayley Snow scents-es something fishy when a customer falls stone-crab cold dead on a seafood tasting tour.--Amazon.com.

"A Deadly Feast" really intrigued me because of its setting, which is Key West, Florida. I got hooked as soon as I started reading. Having been to Key West, I was able to mentally walk around with the characters. This added a lot of charm for me. In addition, the characters were interestingly drawn. Their individual quirks added variety to the story and livened up the plot. I especially liked feisty Miss Gloria, Hayley's room mate. Hayley seemed like a realistic person too, with her qualms about her upcoming wedding. Most brides could identify with her pre-wedding jitters. The plot moved along well and kept me interested. Although this was the first book I read in this series, it is not the last! I recommend this book to those interested in cozy mysteries with appealing settings, or those who enjoy culinary or food industry themes.

I received this book from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The opinions expressed here are entirely my own. ( )
  LadyoftheLodge | Mar 8, 2019 |
law enforcement, Key West, murder investigation, food, friendship, family dynamics

Key West food critic Hayley Snow has a lot on her plate (groan!). Thanksgiving, her wedding to a homicide detective, having work completed on their houseboat while all contractors are overworked following a very recent hurricane, helping her elderly roommate with her projects, and now she is in the middle of things when it appears that the woman who stroked out on a food tour with Hayley was poisoned!
The characters are engaging and the plot very quick yet complete with twists and red herrings. I enjoyed it a lot!
I requested and received a free ebook copy from Crooked Lane Books via NetGalley. Thank you! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Dec 18, 2018 |
It’s almost Thanksgiving and as Hayley Snow puts the finishing touches her assignment for “Key Zest” magazine, Analise is devastated when one of people on the seafood tasting tour collapses . . . and dies. Hayley wants to help, but her father and his family are about to arrive for Hayley’s day-after-Thanksgiving wedding to police detective Nathan Bransford and she’s distracted and suffering a case of pre-wedding jitters.

Nevertheless, working around her article, her last-minute wedding preparations, Thanksgiving dinner, and a yet-to-be-remodeled houseboat, Hayley steps in to investigate for her friend. Can she identify the culprit and solve the mystery?

In this, the ninth book in the series, all the expected characters are in place and the Key West setting is well-described and inviting. The unfolding story offers readers some unexpected twists and pulls them into the mystery as unforeseen events keep the pages turning. Readers are sure to find this delightful tale a wonderful addition to the series.

Highly recommended.

I received an advance reader’s copy of this e-book from Crooked Lane Books and NetGalley.
#ADeadlyFeast #NetGalley ( )
  jfe16 | Nov 19, 2018 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 138,752,148 books! | Top bar: Always visible