The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport…

The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited! (The Adventure Zone,… (edition 2019)

by Clint McElroy (Author), Griffin McElroy (Author), Justin McElroy (Author), Travis McElroy (Author), Carey Pietsch (Author)1 more, Carey Pietsch (Illustrator)

Series: The Adventure Zone (2)

In the second Adventure Zone graphic novel (adapted from the McElroy family's wildly popular D&D podcast), we rejoin hero-adjacent sort-of-comrades-in-arms Taako, Magnus, and Merle on a wild careen through a D&D railroad murder mystery. This installment has a little of everything: a genius child detective, an axe-wielding professional wrestler, a surly wizard, cursed magical artifacts, and a pair of meat monsters. You know, the usual things you find on a train. Hot on the heels ofThe Adventure Zone: Here There Be Gerblins, the smash hit graphic novel that launched the series,The Adventure Zone:Murder on the Rockport Limited picks up the saga where volume 1 left off. Both books are based on "The Adventure Zone," a tabletop RPG comedy podcast with downloads numbering in the tens of millions and an army of passionately devoted fans. With art and co-adaptation from Carey Pietsch, the McElroys are once again turning their raucous freewheeling D&D campaign into some damn fine comics.… (more)
Member:SilverTurtle2005
Title:The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited! (The Adventure Zone, 2)
Authors:Clint McElroy (Author)
Other authors:Griffin McElroy (Author), Justin McElroy (Author), Travis McElroy (Author), Carey Pietsch (Author), Carey Pietsch (Illustrator)
Info:First Second (2019), Edition: 1st, 240 pages
Rating:*****

The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited! by Clint McElroy

The Adventure Zone: Balance is one of the most compelling and emotionally profound stories I've ever experienced, and I'm so glad it's finally getting adaptation into new mediums. I wish it could've been animated like Vox Machina, but I digress.

Cary Pietsch's illustrations bring The Adventure Zone to a new level of charming, and it leaves me excited to see how the adaptation tackles the soon-to-be emotional heights of Petals to the Metal and The Crystal Kingdom! ( )
  edwasho | Apr 13, 2021 |
Just when you thought the TAZ graphic novels couldn't get any better, hot damn, it's MURDER TRAIN TIME! This is a perfect adaptation of the Rockport story arc from the Adventure Zone: Balance campaign. I love the artwork, I love the various framing conventions, every panel is perfection, and I covet Taako's outfits so hard. I am even more excited for the adaptation of Petals to the Metal than I was before reading this one, which is a lot.

Also, Merle is like?? Super cute?? And I love this Cute Wee Rude Cleric so much. The art style really fits his character.

PS: I would gladly perish for Jess the Beheader, an amazing woman that could easily crush me with her bare hands. ( )
  sarahlh | Mar 6, 2021 |
Another great graphic novelization of TAZ! ( )
  Shofbrook | Nov 6, 2020 |
wow folks....I just love my boys. Honestly laughed out loud a few times in this one, and i'm also really happy the graphic novel made the story much clearer for me! i always struggled following along with this arc. ( )
  Chyvalrys | Aug 5, 2020 |
Great art, funny story, just as good as the first. The McElroys can do no wrong. ( )
  MaxAndBradley | May 27, 2020 |

Clint McElroyprimary authorall editionscalculated
McElroy, GriffinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
McElroy, JustinAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
McElroy, TravisAuthormain authorall editionsconfirmed
Pietsch, CareyIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

Magnus Burnsides...Merle Highchurch...Taako...the Bureau of Balance is a volunteer organization. I won't force you to join.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 163,306,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible