Laura dean keeps breaking up with me by…

Laura dean keeps breaking up with me (edition 2019)

by Mariko Tamaki

Member:lafstern
Title:Laura dean keeps breaking up with me
Authors:Mariko Tamaki
Info:New York, NY : First Second, 2019.
Collections:Alice's Room, Your library

Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me by Mariko Tamaki

It seems we are in the midst of a golden age for LGBTQ graphic novels. This YA book beautifully and painfully portrays the effects a bad romantic relationship can have on a person and the other relationships in her life. ( )
  villemezbrown | Jun 1, 2019 |
Beautiful and astounding. Only TCAF debut this year that i could not put down (which has nothing to do with the fact that their panel was terrific). Tamaki has matured so much and is so brave with this piece that it brings me to tears. Hands down, Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up With Me is the best thing I've read this year. ( )
  senbei | May 19, 2019 |
Dear Anna Vice,
My name is Freddy
Riley.

Author Mariko Tamaki and illustrator Rosemary Valero-O'Connell bring to life a sweet and spirited tale of young love in Laura Dean Keeps Breaking Up with Me, a graphic novel that asks us to consider what happens when we ditch the toxic relationships we crave to embrace the healthy ones we need.

Laura Dean, the most popular girl in high school, was Frederica Riley's dream girl: charming, confident, and SO cute. There's just one problem: Laura Dean is maybe not the greatest girlfriend. Reeling from her latest break up, Freddy's best friend, Doodle, introduces her to the Seek-Her, a mysterious medium, who leaves Freddy some cryptic parting words: break up with her. But Laura Dean keeps coming back, and as their relationship spirals further out of her control, Freddy has to wonder if it's really Laura Dean that's the problem. Maybe it's Freddy, who is rapidly losing her friends, including Doodle, who needs her now more than ever. Fortunately for Freddy, there are new friends, and the insight of advice columnists like Anna Vice to help her through being a teenager in love. Mariko Tamaki and Rosemary Valero-O?Connell bring to life a sweet and spirited tale of young love that asks us to consider what happens when we ditch the toxic relationships we crave to embrace the healthy ones we need. Includes some sexual content.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,630,369 books! | Top bar: Always visible