A Bad Deal for the Whole Galaxy (The…

A Bad Deal for the Whole Galaxy (The Salvagers (2)) (edition 2018)

by Alex White (Author)

Series: The Salvagers (2)

The greatest dangers hide the brightest treasures in this bold, planet-hopping science fiction adventure series. The crew of the legendary Capricious are rich enough to retire in comfort for the rest of their days, but none of it matters if the galaxy is still in danger. Nilah and Boots, the ship's newest crew-members hear the word of a mysterious cult that may have links back to an ancient and all-powerful magic. To find it, hot-headed Nilah will have to go undercover and find the source of their power without revealing her true identity. Meanwhile, Boots is forced to confront the one person she'd hoped never to see again: her old, turn-coat treasure-hunting partner. The Salvagers A Big Ship at the Edge of the Universe A Bad Deal for the Whole Galaxy The Worst of All Possible Worlds… (more)
Member:rayrile
Title:A Bad Deal for the Whole Galaxy (The Salvagers (2))
Authors:Alex White (Author)
Info:Orbit (2018), 544 pages
Collections:Switzerland, Your library

A Bad Deal for the Whole Galaxy (The Salvagers Book 2) by Alex White

Never read the first one and while I didn't understand all the back story on this one, it didn't seem needed. Would it have helped? Yes. But necessary? No, managed to read the book w/o feeling like I was missing too much.

My 2 star rating is just that I grew tired of the behaviour of stopping to talk while in danger. Really? Going to stare into someone's eyes instead of shooting the one person who is shooting at you and THEN stare into someone's eyes? Makes no sense. It happened a lot. I know it's part of the thing, the energy, the way the author writes, the gestalt, but I grew tired of it. Maybe one of them needed to die while doing it and then the rest would quit it.

There were other quibbles with some of what went on as well (when is there not?) but that's the one that bugged me the most. ( )
  Mooose | Jun 6, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 151,822,459 books! | Top bar: Always visible