dismiss

Such a Perfect Wife

by Kate White

New York Times bestselling author Kate White returns with a gripping story about a true-crime reporter uncovering the secrets that lie beneath the surface of a placid small town, perfect for readers of Jessica Knoll, Alafair Burke, and Liv Constantine. Blonde. Beautiful. A loving mother. And missing since Monday. On a sunny morning in late September, Shannon Blaine sets off for a jog along the rural roads near her home in Lake George, New York.  It's her usual a.m. routine, her "me time" after dropping the kids off at school...except on this day she never returns. Is her husband lying when he says he has no clue where she is? Could Shannon have split on her own, overwhelmed by the pressures of her life? Or is she the victim of a sexual predator who had been prowling the area and snatched her before she knew what was happening. True crime writer Bailey Weggins, on assignment for the website Crime Beat, heads north from New York City to report on the mysterious disappearance. An anonymous tip soon leads Bailey to a grisly, bone-chilling discovery. Every town has its secrets, Bailey reminds herself, and nothing is ever as perfect as it seems. She keeps digging for answers until--when it's almost too late--she unearths the terrifying truth.… (more)

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Such a Perfect Wife overall was a good mystery to pass the time. While reading it, I felt that it was like a cozy mystery, but less cheesy. A lot of the story is spent on the reporter, Bailey Weggins, recapping what she's figured out and who the suspects are. Outside of these parts, the book was really interesting and page turning - during the recapping, it was a little boring. There were plenty of suspects, some obvious and some not. Baily, the reporter, was very likable. I didn't realize when I started reading, that this is book #8 in a series that follows her. I didn't feel like I was missing any back story because of this, and I actually am curious about her story before this book and what may come next for Bailey. ( )
  Maggie.Chavarria | Jul 10, 2020 |
The plot of this book is one of the best laid out that I have seen in a long time. Once news is out that Shannon has just vanished into thin air...Bailey Weggin... a Crime Beat reporter comes to town to write about her disappearance. Bailey digs for clues and discovers that Shannon may be too good to be true...or she could just be "such a perfect wife". It appears that she has led an ideal life. She had a handsome and successful husband...two adorable children... a condo in Florida...and enough idle time for a daily jog. Soon some red flags begin to sprout up in this perfect garden. She had recently started attending church at the local Catholic church after years of lapse...her best friend said that she seemed kind of "off” when they spoke early on the day of her disappearance...and various amounts were unaccounted for being missing in the joint back account. Soon a gruesome discovery was made...and it was not alone. There's not a lot of real depth to the story...but it's fun. Bailey is like a grown-up Nancy Drew...for grown-ups. ( )
  Carol420 | May 10, 2020 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I wish I would have known this was part of a series going in. I love true crime, crime investigating. I will have to go read the series in order now. ( )
  izzybellae | Apr 23, 2020 |
This book is part of a series, which I did not know prior to picking up this novel. I don’t think you need to have read the other books, as this seemed to stand alone.
When a beautiful woman goes missing after her morning run, a search is instituted. Bailey Weggins is assigned to cover the case for an online publication. She has a style of journalism which gets people to talk to her.
From the title, I suspected that the husband would be the suspect in this book, but he seems to have an alibi. Bailey teams up with another reporter, and they make a gruesome discovery. When something happens to the other reporter, Bailey is able to solve the case.
Enjoyable, but not fabulous.
#SuchAPerfectWife #KateWhite ( )
  rmarcin | Nov 26, 2019 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received a copy of Such A Perfect Wife via LibraryThing and Harper. Thank you! I really enjoyed this book and was able to read it as a stand alone though it is in a series. I liked the mystery and suspense of it all. Kept my attention throughout book . ( )
  Nevarezboss | Nov 24, 2019 |

Belongs to Series

LibraryThing Early Reviewers

Kate White's book Such a Perfect Wife is currently available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 148,880,316 books! | Top bar: Always visible